Cyre de Toggenburg
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cyre de Toggenburg|
June 17, 1972 |
She was trained in an ultra-traditional practice that gave her an important technical base. Since 1996, she has turned to abstraction.
Cyre belongs to the GAVART Gallery, a group of sculptors and painters, whose members include Zaven, Aléhaux, Beyssey, Bouchaud, de Kerhor, de Verdière, du Jeu, Kwak, Lalanne, among others. Graduating from the Conservatoire de Paris, Cyre pursued her studies of human sciences and psychoanalysis at the Institut de Psychanalyse Active, Paris.
Her works, influenced by Rothko, are oriented towards abstraction. She named them all "No title" until 2011. She often uses the square format, a technique commonly used for photography.
While her work is stylistically similar to the Abstract Expressionists, she is also influenced by Romanticists. Cyre de Toggenburg herself has stated that she has been influenced by the works of Delacroix and Géricault, and others like Turner, Leroy Neiman, El Greco, Nicolas de Staël and Klimt.
Cyre de Toggenburg's painting continues the path of Vasudeo S. Gaitonde towards Zen and Spiritualism and Gerhard Richter's towards abstraction. The artist seeks to touch the spirituality of the observer. Her research focused on abstract painting in the fields of literature, science, sociology, ethnology, philosophy, psychology, quantum physics, chemistry and Zen.
Her intellectual curiosity led her to exploit the progress of science and to transposed those mechanisms to pictorial abstraction.
- Millionaire Fair, Moscou, 2006.Editeur : Gijrath Media Groep BV Noordhollandstraat 71 1081 AS Amsterdam Pays-Bas
- Millionaire Fair Magazine 2006. Editeur Millionaire Fair International, PPOCCNR 127018, MOCKBA, Yn. Monkobar, 3, CTp. Russie
- Cyre de Toggenburg, Catalogue DW’sG Dakar 2010 Senegal. Editeur Cercle de la Rade, Cercle de la Rade DAKAR
- Catalogue Dak'Art 2010. Editor Eiffage Senegal. Imprimé par La Rochette- Dakar
- Catalog Florence Biennale 2011. Editor Arte Studio SRL . Artistic Director Francolini - Firenze (Italy).
- "Dakar Women's Group 2011". Editor Sokhamon, rue Franklin Roosevelt, Dakar (Senegal).
- Catalogue Florence Biennale 2007. Editor Arte Studio SRL . Artistic Director Marina Abramović- Firenze (Italy).
- "Who's who in International Art 2006". Editor Whoswhoart, 20 av de la gare CP 205 CH-1001 Lausanne (Switzerland)
- "Longlaville" n°61 octobre 2004. Editor Longlaville C.S. Publication Director Roger Corbelloti
- Le Journal du Centre, 1er janvier 2000, Pascal Larcher.
- Millionaire Fair, Moscou, 2006. Editor : Gijrath Media Groep BV Noordhollandstraat 71 1081 AS Amsterdam (Pays-Bas).
- Millionaire Fair Magazine 2006. Editor Millionaire Fair International, PPOCCNR 127018, Moscou, Yn. Monkobar, 3, CTp. (Russia).
- Cyre de Toggenburg, Catalogue DW’sG Dakar 2010 Senegal. Editor Cercle de la Rade, Cercle de la Rade, Dakar (Sénégal).
- Catalogue Dak'Art 2010. Editor Eiffage Senegal. La Rochette - Dakar