|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2014)|
|Software and Content Developer|
|Founded||Utah (2000 )|
|Founder||Dan Farr, Chris Creek|
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
Daz Productions, Inc., commonly known as Daz 3D, is a 3D content and software company specializing in providing rigged 3D human models, associated accessory content and software to the prosumer market. It was originally part of Zygote Media Group, a general purpose, application-agnostic 3D content broker, and split off as "Digital Art Zone" in 2000 to focus on supplying content for the Poser market.
After acquiring other modeling tools, DAZ 3D created their own 3D posing/animation package, DAZ Studio, while still continuing to make content compatible with Poser for several years. DAZ 3D also sells third party applications usable with their products.
- DAZ Studio, a free application for posing, rendering, and animating articulated 3D figures.
- Hexagon, a 3D mesh modeler originally developed by eovia, acquired by DAZ in 2006.
- Carrara, a general purpose 3D modeler/animation package also acquired from eovia in 2006.
- Bryce, a fractal-based landscape modeler and renderer acquired from Corel by DAZ in 2004.
- The Story Behind The DAZ3D – Gizmoz Merger January 11, 2010
- Harvey, Tom (March 28, 2012). "Utah company counts on big giveaway to boost bottom line". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved August 26, 2015.