||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Founded in 2002, by Dennis Christie and Ken Tyburski, DCKT Contemporary is a contemporary art gallery based in New York's Lower East Side. The gallery represents emerging and established contemporary artists. Its programming ranges from, but is not limited to, painting and sculpture to video art and photography. They also exhibit regularly during art fairs such as The Armory Show (art fair) and the Pulse Art Fair.
The gallery represents emerging and established artists. Many of the artists are internationally recognized and exhibited in museums worldwide. Some current artists are:
- Helen Altman
- Oliver Boberg
- Exene Cervenka
- Sophie Crumb
- Lia Halloran
- Ryan Humphrey
- Maria E. Piñeres
- Brion Nuda Rosch
- William Swanson
- Timothy Tompkins
- Michael Velliquette
The gallery first opened in 2003 on Chelsea's West 24th Street. In March 2008, it relocated to New York City's Lower East Side, steps away from the New Museum of Contemporary Art. The gallery is currently located at 21 Orchard Street.
- Billard, Mary (2008-06-22). "From Pickles to Paintings in New York's Lower East Side". The New York Times.
- "Best of the Armory Show". The Daily Beast. 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- From Pickles to Paintings in New York's Lower East Side
- Hustler of Culture Interview with Dennis Christie
- Ryan Humphrey: All or Nothing
- DCKT Contemporary at Pulse Miami