DOT DOT DOT (artist)
|DOT DOT DOT|
DOT DOT DOT (also styled "..." or dotdotdot) is the pseudonym for an anonymous Norwegian visual, public and conceptual artist.
His work has been displayed in galleries around the world, and in cities such as Oslo, Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, Málaga, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Tokyo, Bangkok and more. DOT DOT DOT's age and real name are not publicly known.
DOT DOT DOT was born in Oslo, Norway. He first started as a graffiti artist in the late 90s. He operated under several different pseudonyms over the years. In 2000 he started creating stencil art, but continued creating conventional graffiti works. DOT DOT DOT first gained notice for painting a rat in the town of Sandvika, outside Oslo.
DOT DOT DOT participated at LandArt in October 2012, curated by Norwegian artists Mari Meen Halsøy and Kine Lillestrøm, in Romerike/Gjerdrum, just outside Oslo. In October 2012 DOT DOT DOT together with ARD (All Rights Destroyed) started the ARD*POP-UP Festival in Oslo, inviting national and international artists to decorate walls throughout the city.
- Reed, Martyn (17 Aug 2010). "Local Heroes ..." Nuart.no. Retrieved January 2013. Check date values in:
- Olsson, Svein (1 September 2010). "Har Banksy vært i Sandvika?". Newspaper (in Norwegian). Budstikka.no. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- Reed, Martyn (2 September 2010). "Banksy in Norway … NOT!". Newspaper. Nuart.no. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- Olaisen, Rolf Petter (8 October 2012). "Ny bok om streetart" (in Norwegian). NRK. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Olaisen, Rolf Petter (11 November 2012). "Landart i Gjerdrum" (in Norwegian). NRK. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Eigum, Harald (13 October 2012). "Landlig Gatekunst" (in Norwegian). eub.no. Retrieved 13 October 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Hillgaar, Peter (1 November 2012). "ARD*POP-UP Festival 2012". allrightsdestroyed.org. Retrieved 1 November 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Gatekunstfestival i Oslo" (in Norwegian). NRK. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- DOT DOT DOT (front cover), Omar Robert Hamilton (writer): Stadt der Rebellion ISBN 978-3-8031-3294-9 Berlin: Wagenbach Verlag (2018).
- Martin Berdahl Aamundsen (editor), Øivin Horvei (editor): Street Art Norway Vol. 2 ISBN 978-82-930531-2-5 Oslo: Kontur forlag (2012).
- Martin Berdahl Aamundsen (editor), Øivin Horvei (editor): Street Art Norway - Deluxe ISBN 978-82-997687-9-5 Oslo: Kontur forlag (2010).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DOT DOT DOT.|