|Broadcast area||Negros Island Region
Western Visayas Region
|Branding||Aksyon Radyo Bacolod|
|Slogan||sa BACOLOD... Aksyon Radyo!|
|First air date||1969|
|Format||news and public affairs, Music, Entertainment, Religious, Public service|
(reference for owner and founder for MBC.)
|Former callsigns||DYEN (1969-1972)|
|Former frequencies||690 kHz (1969-1977)|
|Owner||Manila Broadcasting Company
(Pacific Broadcasting Systems)
|Sister stations||DZRH 1080 Bacolod, 91.9 Love Radio, 105.5 Easy Rock|
DYEZ is the call sign AM radio station called Aksyon Radyo are owned by Pacific Broadcasting Systems and operated by Manila Broadcasting Company in Bacolod, Philippines. Aksyon Radyo Bacolod Studio is located in the Penthouse, Wilrose Building, Corner Locsin – Burgos Streets in Bacolod City, the capital of Negros Occidental province in Negros Island Region (unofficially Region XVIII), Philippines, while its transmitter located in Barangay Taloc, Bago, Negros Occidental. The radio frequency signal is 684 kHz with a power strength of 10K.
From the city of Bacolod, the commercial and political hub in Negros Occidental, dyEZ Aksyon Radyo-Bacolod traces its roots to the city of La Carlota where it first started operations from the administrative building of the then Elizalde-owned Central Azucarera De La Carlota in the 1960s.
The small community radio station, originally having the call sign of dyEN, hosted some of the pioneer broadcasters in the province until the declaration of Martial Law when it was closed down. Several years later, it resumed operations as dyEZ and became the dominant news and music station before the proliferation of FM stations. This was known at that time as DYEZ Sunshine City Bacolod, the localized version of Manila's DWIZ (now owned by Aliw Broadcasting Corporation) used at that time as Sunshine City.
By the 1980s, dyEZ shifted its programming to full-time news and public affairs. With it came the change of name – from Radyo Balita to Radyo Owang – until finally settling on what is widely perceived as the most the appropriate name for a dynamic news and public affairs station: Aksyon Radyo.
Aksyon Radyo Bacolod celebrated its 42nd Anniversary by way of a free medical and dental mission which benefitted nearly 300 patients.
Recently, Aksyon Radyo Bacolod capped the year 2011 with another project by its civic arm "Operation Tulong Task Force" when it turned over to the Social Action Center of the Diocese of Bacolod more than 200 boxes of used clothes and food stuff for the victims of Tropical Storm “Sendong".
Secondary coverage areas
- Western Visayas (eastern Iloilo, southern Antique and even Roxas City, Capiz)
- Southwestern Masbate
Recognitions and Awards
- Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas Golden Dove Nominee (2013) for best variety program for radio - provincial category for "Aksyon Jamboree" 
- Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas Golden Dove Nominee (2013) for Best Public Affairs Program-provincial category for its Year End Report Radio Documentary "Sa Tuig sang Kalayo" 
- Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas Golden Dove Awardee (2013) for Best AM Station - Provincial Category 
- Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas Golden Dove Nominee (2012) for best AM station provincial category
- Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas Golden Dove Nominee (2011) for best AM station provincial category
- Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas Golden Dove Nominee (2011) for Best Public Affairs Program-provincial category for its Year End Report Radio Documentary "Crossroads"
- Number One (AM Station) – Nielsen Radio survey – Metro Bacolod (June 2013)
- Number One (AM Station) – KBP – RRC Official survey – Metro Bacolod (October 2010)
- Number One (AM Station) – KBP – RRC Official survey – Metro Bacolod (November 2005)
- Number Two (AM Station) – KBP – RRC Official survey – Metro Iloilo (December 16 to 19, 2004)
- Golden Dove Awardee (2006) – best public affairs program – “Aksyon Hotline - anchored by Station Manager JJ Deocampo"
(Bested competing programs of Manila-based radio stations: Karambola of DWIZ-AM and Birada of RMN’s DZXL-AM)
- Golden Dove Awardee (2004) “Puerti Nga Abiliti”, for best radio comedy.
- Elizabeth Puey (Christy Love)
- Connie Po (Connie G)
- Boy Robles
- Harold Limbo
- Johnny Beri
- Ricky Sumugat (Johnny Tango)
- Nick Arimas
- Nono Carpio
- Bobby Samson
- Oscar Ladua (Agent Tarag)
- Salvador Capulot (Agent Capulot)
- Hifty Cawaling (Joe Sacramento)
- Flora Lingamen - Carpio
- Teddy Alojado
- Francis Elbanbuena
- Andy Delgado
- Eddie Dela Fuente
- Julius Mariveles
- JJ Deocampo
- Ranie Jangayo
- Nona Magbanua
- Fred Salanga
- Wilma Sugaton
- Rex Cantong
- Charlie Pabular
- Sunshine Lacson
- Ricky Arsaga
- Art Tayhupon
- Eric Magbanua
- Dave Bucayan (now with DYOK Aksyon Radyo Iloilo)
- Richard Rivera
- Renato "Boy" Duran
- John Elmer Ubaldo
- Marlon Genovea
Aksyon Radyo Stations
- DYEZ in Bacolod City,Visayan Daily Star, April 23, 2003, edition
- DYEZ AM radio,Pinoy Search, Bacolod City, Philippines
- Philippine AM radio audio archives during the Martial Law regime.
- Aksyon radio website,Aksyon Radyo Bacolod 684kHz
- AKSYON RADYO Serbisyo at 42,
- Aksyon Radyo Bacolod turns over aid.,
- "Facebook" (link)
- The Visayan Daily Star. 29 Oct 2011.
- The Visayan Daily Star
- Manila Broadcasting Company,manilabroadcasting.com
- Negros Daily Bulletin,