Da Vinci's Challenge
Da Vinci's Challenge is a game of patterns inspired by a geometric construction drawn by Leonardo da Vinci. The player's objective is to score the most points by using pieces to create patterns worth different point values. This is complicated because patterns can overlap. Pieces can also be used to block the opponent from creating patterns. The game ends when no more patterns can be made by either side. The player with the highest score is the winner.
It won a 2005 Mensa Select Award.
- "Easy to Learn, Hard to Master". Washington Post. 27 April 2005. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Burstein, Dan (2006). Secrets of the Code. Vanguard. p. 323.
- Leonardo da Vinci: Codex Atlanticus, fol. 307r–309v, online at the e-Leo History of Science and Technology Digital Archive
- Murphy, David (December 8, 2010). "Parenting: Da Vinci's Challenge". 6abc website. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Mirpuri, Dipika. "Fun Games - Da Vinci's Challenge". About.com. Retrieved 5 January 2013.