Dam! The Story of Kit the Beaver
|Dam! The Story of Kit the Beaver|
|Directed by||Kjell Boersma|
|Produced by||Josh Clavir|
|Written by||Kjell Boersma|
|Music by||Erica Procunier|
Dam! The Story of Kit the Beaver is a Canadian animated short film, directed by Kjell Boersma and released in 2017. The film centres on Kit, a young beaver who is helping her family build a beaver dam.
The film was created as part of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra's project of commissioning original works by Canadian composers to celebrate Canada 150. While most participating composers had their work performed by symphonies across Canada in conventional concert performances, Erica Procunier was selected to compose the score to a short animated film, which would premiere at Roy Thomson Hall with the TSO performing the composition live. The film had its TSO premiere on February 25, 2017, and was subsequently screened in other cities with the score performed by local orchestras. A version with the score prerecorded was also made available to film festivals.
At the 2017 Animation Block Party, the film won the award for Best Children's Animation. The film was a Canadian Screen Award nominee for Best Animated Short Film at the 6th Canadian Screen Awards.
- "Film festival brings homegrown composer full circle". Sarnia Journal, October 26, 2016.
- "K-W Symphony plans an ambitious season while continuing search for new music director". Waterloo Chronicle, February 27, 2017.
- "Calling all parents, ShortFest has the perfect solution to beating the heat with your kids". The Desert Sun. June 20, 2017.
- "Animation Block Party Announces 2017 Winners". Animation Magazine, August 2, 2017.
- "‘The Breadwinner’ Nominated For 6 Canadian Screen Awards, Including Best Picture". Cartoon Brew, January 20, 2018.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|