Dan Domenech, is an American actor best known for his understudy portrayal of Jason Dean in Heathers: The Musical, Drew in the Broadway theatre musical Rock of Ages (musical) and a recurring guest appearance on Glee (TV series). Domenech has also appeared in the pre-Broadway runs of Wonderland (musical) and Sister Act (musical). National/International tours include Rent (musical) and Rock of Ages (musical). He also played Che in Evita in Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival 2017.
Domenech grew up in Farmingdale, New York, and went to Vocational school for computer graphics and web design. An active member of the Long Island theater community, he performed in multiple shows at The Cultural Arts Playhouse.
Domenech began his acting career as part of the cast of the musical Rent, and toured with the show from 2002 to 2006. He then acted in the pre Broadway run of Sister Act (musical) in 2006 and 2007 and the regional premier of Altar Boyz in 2007. For the next two years he served as an associate choreographer for television and film including Step Brothers (film),Semi-Pro, Fame (2009 film) and the music video for Chasing Pavements which earned a 2008 MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Choreography. He also was the understudy for JD in the Off-Broadway performance of Heathers The Musical.
Domenech performed in the pre-Broadway run of Wonderland in 2009. He was part of the first national tour of Rock of Ages in 2010 and played Drew in the Broadway production for the next two years. In 2012 Domenech appeared as Chase Madison on Season 4 of Glee on Fox and performed in the Disney Theatrical Productions workshop of Aladdin
|2012||Glee||Chase Madison||2 episodes|
|2015||Gotham||Guitar player||Beasts of Prey|
|2011-2012||Rock of Ages||Drew||Helen Hayes Theatre|
|2014||Heathers||Hisper Dork||New World Stages|
|2015||Kinky Boots||Ensemble||Royal Alexandra theatre|
|2017||Evita||Che||Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival 2017|
|2018||Smokey Joe's Cafe||Standby||Stage 42|
When not on tour, Domenech lives in New York. He's been involved with several non-profit organizations including Love146, Lollipop Theater Network which bring movies currently in theaters to children confined to hospitals due to chronic or life-threatening illnesses and award-winning non for profit Broadway Sings for Pride.
- "Dan Domenech: From ‘Rocky Horror’ fan to Dr. Frank-N-Furter". Dallas Morning News, Nancy Churnin 12 September 2014
- "Photo Flash: Dan Domenech, Dancing Dreams at NASDAQ Opening Bell". Broadway World, March 27, 2013, by Oliver Oliveros
- "Stage review: Tuacahn's 'Aladdin' flies high on its spectacle-packed production". The Salt Lake Tribune Tom Wharton June 13, 2012
- John PrzybysLAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL. "Tuacahn venue, special effects wow New Yorker". Las Vegas Review-Journal. June 7, 2012. John Przybys
- "REVIEW: Rachelle Ann Go and Dan Domenech add Pinoy elements to Tarzan". PEP, by Kaye Estoista-Koo July 1, 2013
- Oliver Oliveros. "BWW Interviews: Dan Domenech Talks Becoming TARZAN". BroadwayWorld.com.
- "Broadway Actor Dan Domenech Loves Working With Pinoy Actors In 'Tarzan The Musical' | Showbiz Portal". showbiz-portal.com.
- Lloyd Webber, Imogen (3 June 2014). "How Very! Hit Off-Broadway Musical Heathers Welcomes Dave Thomas Brown & Kristolyn Lloyd to the Cast". Broadway.com. Retrieved 20 May 2017.