Dan P. Kelly
Daniel Patrick Kelly is a sportscaster and is the son of St. Louis Blues broadcaster Dan Kelly, the nephew of hockey and baseball broadcaster Hal Kelly and the younger brother of current St. Louis Blues TV broadcaster John Kelly. He is currently the television play-by-play voice for Chicago Fire in Major League Soccer on CSN Chicago and WGN Sports.
Dan is technically not a junior. His given name is Daniel Patrick Kelly, while his father was Patrick Daniel Kelly.
Kelly graduated from the University of Dayton in 1996 with a degree in Radio Television Communications. In 1997, he returned to his hometown, St. Louis, Missouri to become the radio play-by-play voice for KMOX broadcasts of St. Louis Blues. In 2000 Kelly joined Fox Sports Net Ohio as the first TV play-by-play announcer for the Columbus Blue Jackets. He also hosted the Blue Jackets' pre-game and post-game shows. While in Columbus Kelly won a Midwestern Regional Emmy in 2003 for outstanding live sports coverage.
His time with the Blue Jackets and FSN Ohio was cut short by the 2004-05 NHL lockout. In 2004 Kelly became the play-by-play announcer for the University of Denver Pioneers ice hockey games on Fox Sports Net Rocky Mountain. He also served as sideline reporter for college football games and hosted the Denver Broncos half-time shows on FSN Rocky Mountain. After one season with DU, Kelly returned to NHL broadcasts for HDNet coverage.
In 2006, after one season at NDNet, Dan became the play-by-play announcer for the Chicago Blackhawks on Comcast SportsNet Chicago alongside color commentator Ed Olczyk. Kelly was let go by the Blackhawks after two seasons on June 16, 2008 when the Blackhawks announced Pat Foley, who had been their play-by-play broadcaster for 25 previous seasons would return as their television play-by-play announcer.
In 2006, he returned to Denver to broadcast DU hockey and basketball games on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain TV. In 2010, Kelly returned to Comcast Sports Net Chicago and began broadcasting games for the Chicago Fire S.C. of Major League Soccer. He also began working with the Big Ten Network as play by play announcer for Big Ten's coverage of college basketball, field hockey, ice hockey, soccer, and volleyball.
- "Dan Kelly Television Broadcaster". Chicago Blackhawks. 2010. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "2008-09 Denver Pioneers Media Guide" (PDF). University of Denver. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 26, 2011. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "Pat Foley returns to Hawks". Chicago Sun-Times. June 16, 2008. Archived from the original on July 1, 2008. Retrieved June 16, 2008.
- "People & Personalities: Foley Officially Back With Blackhawks". Sports Business Journal. June 17, 2008. Retrieved March 18, 2009.
- "Dan Kelly And Chris Doran To Call The Action For Fire In 2010". Our Sports Central. March 24, 2010. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- "News - Fifty CCHA Games to be Televised in 2010-11". CCHA. September 27, 2010. Archived from the original on November 27, 2010. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|