|Member of the Minnesota Senate
from the 10th district
January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Cal Larson|
|Succeeded by||Gretchen Hoffman|
December 14, 1957 |
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party|
|Alma mater||Thief River Falls Technical College|
|Profession||radio broadcaster, farmer, legislator|
Dan Skogen (born December 14, 1957) is a Minnesotan politician and a former member of the Minnesota Senate who represented District 10, which includes all or portions of Becker, Otter Tail and Wadena counties in the northwestern part of the state.
Education and professional career
Skogen grew up near Phelps Mill in Maine Township. He graduated from Battle Lake High School and has an audio communications degree from Thief River Falls Technical College. He is the sports director at radio stations in Wadena. He resides near Hewitt with his wife, Dee, and has two children.
Service in the Minnesota Senate
A Democrat, Skogen was first elected in 2006. He lost his re-election bid in the November 2, 2010, general election to Republican Gretchen Hoffman. While in office, his special legislative concerns included the environment, agriculture, and education.
Skogen was a member of the senate's Agriculture and Veterans Committee, the Commerce and Consumer Protection Committee, the Education Committee and the Environment and Natural Resources Committee. He also served on and chaired the Environment and Natural Resources Subcommittee for Public Lands and Waters, and on the Finance subcommittees for the Agriculture and Veterans Budget and Policy Division and the E-12 Education Budget and Policy Division.
2012 Minnesota State Senate District 8
- Bill Ingebrigtsen (R), 22,712 votes, 52.86%
- Dan Skogen (DFL), 20,213 votes, 47.04%
2010 Minnesota State Senate District 10
- Gretchen Hoffman (R), 17,048 votes, 54.79%
- Dan Skogen (DFL), 14,040 votes, 45.12%
- Write-In, 29 votes, 0.09%
2006 Minnesota State Senate District 10
- Cal Larson (R), 14,191 votes, 44.71%
- Dan Skogen (DFL), 17,530 votes, 55.23%
- Write-In, 18 votes, 0.06%
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present – Legislator Record – Skogen, Dan". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Working Hard for State Senate District 10". Dan Skogen. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Senator Dan Skogen DFL District 10". Senate.leg.state.mn.us. December 14, 1957. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Results for All State Senate Races". Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. Archived from the original on November 10, 2012. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Dan Skogen at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Senate District 10 Map
- Senator Skogen Web Page
- Senator Skogen Campaign Web Site
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker: Senator Dan Skogen
|Minnesota Senate District 10