Dana Wilson (rugby league)
|Full name||Jonathan Pareu Pera Takatatia Wilson|
|Born||22 May 1983
Auckland, New Zealand
|Died||4 September 2011 (aged 28)
Wilson played lower grades for Manly for a season before moving to England in 2005. He played for Oldham Bears, Leigh and Halifax before joining Swinton in 2009. He scored the match-winning try for Leigh in the 2006 Northern Rail Cup Final against Hull Kingston Rovers.
Wilson represented New Zealand Under‑16's and Under‑18's before switching his allegiance to the Cook Islands, where his mother was born (his dad was born in Samoa).
- Woodcock, Fred (6 September 2011). "Former Junior Kiwi killed in car crash". The Press. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Proctor, Ian. "Dana Wilson Career History". Swinton RLFC Dana Wilson obituary. Swinton RLFC. Retrieved 6 September 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Swinton Lions' Cook Islands forward Dana Wilson dies in car accident guardian.co.uk, 4 September 2011
- Dana Wilson’s Swinton Lions revival cbsport.org, 21 January 2011
- "Dana Wilson: Swinton Lions rugby league player dies in crash". BBC News, 5 September 2011. BBC. Retrieved 6 September 2011.