Danah Zohar (born 1945) is an American-British author and speaker on physics, philosophy, complexity and management.
Life and work
Zohar studied Physics and Philosophy at MIT and did postgraduate work in Philosophy, Religion & Psychology at Harvard University. She is Visiting Professor in the College of Management at Guizhou University in China. She was included in the 2002 Financial Times Prentice Hall book Business Minds as one of "the world's greatest management thinkers".
She proposed spiritual intelligence as an aspect of intelligence that sits above the traditional measure of IQ and the various notions of emotional intelligence, at the conscious level of meaning and purpose, and that is derived from the properties of a living complex adaptive system. She advocates quantum physics as a guiding metaphor for personal psychology and corporate and social organisation, in contrast with the deterministic Newtonian mechanics and machine metaphor found in the scientific management of Frederick Winslow Taylor and other early management thinkers.
Zohar is author (or co-author with her late husband, the psychiatrist Ian Marshall) of the following books:
- Zohar, Danah (1990). The Quantum Self: Human Nature and Consciousness Defined by the New Physics. New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc. ISBN 0-688-08780-9
- Zohar, Danah; Marshall, Ian (1993). The Quantum Society: Mind, Physics, and a New Social Vision. New York: Bloomsbury Publishing.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link) ISBN 0-688-10603-X
- Zohar, Danah (1997). ReWiring the Corporate Brain: Using the New Science to Rethink How We Structure and Lead Organizations. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc. ISBN 9971-5-1214-9
- Zohar, Danah; Marshall, Ian (1997). Who's Afraid of Schrödinger's Cat?. New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link) ISBN 0-688-16107-3
- Zohar, Danah; Marshall, Ian (2000). SQ: Connecting With Our Spiritual Intelligence. New York: Bloomsbury Publishing.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link) ISBN 0-7475-4676-2
- Zohar, Danah (2004). Spiritual Capital: Wealth We Can Live By. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc. ISBN 1-57675-138-4
- Zohar, Danah (2016). The Quantum Leader: A revolution in business thinking and practice. New York: Promethens Books. ISBN 9-78163-388241-6
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Danah Zohar|
- Danah Zohar at bloomsbury.com