3D World (Australia)
3D World was an Australian street press publication for the dance music community. After being founded in Sydney in 1989, ownership of the publication changed hands several times before publication shut down in 2011. It was superseded by Three Magazine, another publication by Street Press Australia Pty Ltd which "was born out of the ashes of 3D World" in August 2011.
Dance Music Awards
3DWorld Publishing also founded the Dance Music Awards (DMA) to recognise achievements by musicians in dance music as well as hip-hop, which was then considered underground. Nominees in each category were selected by a panel from the music industry and then voted on by the general public to determine the winners. Awards ceremonies featured DJ set performances from various artists, such as DJ Ajax. By 2006, it was regarded as "Australia's longest running, biggest and best dance music awards."
- Hardaker, Tim. "3DWorld sold for second time in 12 months". inthemix. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "3D World Sydney". AustralianMagazineSubscriptions.com. Archived from the original on 25 April 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
3D World Sydney is a weekly glossy dance fashion and lifestyle magazine that has been in existence since 1989.
- Howe, Dave Ruby. "3D World officially shutting down". inthemix. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Jolly, Nathan. "3D World to close down". The Music Network. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Smith, Barnaby. "3D World To Cease Publication". Music Feeds. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "http://themusic.com.au/meta/info/about-us/". The Music. Street Press Australia Pty Ltd. Retrieved 25 April 2013. External link in
- Hardaker, Tim. "2003 Dance Music Awards: ITM puts the questions to DMA Producer Marnie Neck". inthemix. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Jordan, Oppy. "2006 DMAs @ Home, Sydney (17/11/06)". inthemix. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Vote in the Australian Dance Music Awards". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Mikey, Cahill (1 March 2013). "DJ Ajax Remembered as Australia's Crown Prince of dance music". Retrieved 25 April 2013.
Electro house and mash-ups never sounded as exciting and edgy in anyone else’s hands and for a few years I was lucky enough to see Ajax and his cohorts play sterling, jaw-bruising sets everywhere from the 3D World Dance Music Awards in Sydney…
- "A&H sponsors Australian Dance Music Awards". Pro Audio Guide. Archived from the original on 25 April 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2013.