Dancing with the Devil
|Dancing with the Devil|
|Studio album by Mother Mercy|
|Released||2001, Re-released 2003|
|Recorded||For The Record studios
Santa Ana, California
|Genre||Hard rock, glam rock|
|Producer||“E”, Blaze, Scott, Justice|
|Mother Mercy chronology|
Dancing with the Devil is the name of the second full-length recording from the band Mother Mercy. Recorded at “For The Record” studios in Orange County, California by the band's third lineup consisting of RJ Blaze(vocals), Randall Justice(bass), and Seann Scott(drums) with several guitar players throughout the CD. It was originally released in a limited production on drummer Seann Scott's record company "SS Records" in 2001 and later re-mastered and released by Perris Records in 2003 with several bonus tracks added and one song, "Rock City Boys", removed. That song was instead released by Perris Records on a compilation CD “Hollywood Hairspray Vol. 2”. The cover artwork between the two versions was also changed slightly.
Described as Mötley Crüe meets Love/Hate, this recording continued the band's glam metal sound found on their first CD ‘’Love at First Bite’’, albeit somewhat heavier sounding. The song "Waste of Skin" did receive slight airplay on the Internet-based heavy metal radio station KNAC, and other similar online radio stations. The added tracks on the Perris Records release were recorded later and are said to sound more like Godsmack or early 80’s Metallica.
The album never charted in the U.S. and the sales statistics were not huge(per TowerRecords.com). There was a small amount of international attention received in Europe (most notably in Germany and Italy) but the band did not travel to Europe to promote the CD.
Track listing – (2001) SS Records
- Thunder, Perfect Mind [Intro] – 1:15
- Dancing with the Devil – 3:43
- Waste of Skin – 4:06
- Ragman – 6:05
- Mercy’s Law – 4:47
- Machine Gun – 2:30
- Blood [Intro] – :40
- Creatures of the Night – 3:22
- Devil Child – 5:03
- Chosen One – 3:54
- Rock City Boys – 3:15
- Little Nikki – 3:27
Track listing – (2003) Perris Records
- Thunder-Perfect Mind [Intro] – 1:13
- Dancing with the Devil – 3:38
- Waste of Skin – 4:03
- Mercy's Law – 4:41
- Machine Gun – 2:29
- Blood [Intro] – 0:37
- Creatures of the Night – 3:17
- Devil Child – 5:00
- The Sideshow [Intro] – 0:20
- Ragman – 6:00
- Little Nikki [Live] – 3:25
- Chosen One – 3:51
- Invisible – 4:19
- Don't Bury Me [Intro] – 0:18
- Kicking N' Screaming (Out of the Grave) – 4:29
- Mercy Killing – 3:29
- RJ Blaze: Lead Vocals
- JD Raven: Guitar
- Randall Justice: Bass and Vocals
- Seann Scott: Drums and Vocals
Additional recording musicians
- Damien Winter: Guitar
- Jon Chekerian: Guitar Solos
- "Metal Express Radio". Metal Express Radio. 2012-01-21. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- [dead link]
- "Music: Dancin With the Devil (CD) by Mother Mercy (Artist)". Tower.com. 2005-08-09. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- "Reviews Oktober 2003". Sonny1968.de. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- "Mother Mercy Dancing With The Devil Review". Therockexplosion.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.