Chef Daniel Galmiche
18 June 1958|
Lure, Haute-Saône, France
Daniel Galmiche (born 18 June 1958 in Lure Haute-Saône, France) is a French chef. He has been a Michelin Starred chef since 1990. His light and colorful cooking is permeated with north-south mixtures thanks to his European and Asiatic career. According to him, cooking is done with eco-friendly and healthy products, it needs to be shared. He has written in magazines and English newspapers, published books and hosted cooking shows on the BBC.
Daniel Galmiche loves cooking since its earliest years. This love appeared through healthy and natural products from his grandparents’ farm, from hunting with his father as well as fragrances from his mother cooking. He apprenticed at the gourmet restaurant of Chef Yves Lalloz, Luxeuil-les-Bains. He improved his work in La Napoule, in the south of France then abroad in Sweden, Singapore and Portugal.
He joined the Harveys Bristol Restaurant in 1996 and the Ortolan in 2002, where he both maintains the Michelin Starred title.
Two years later, he was the Great Chef at Cliveden House, and won again the Michelin Star in 2006. Then it’s the Eden and Le Cerise Forbury in 2008 followed the next year by the Vineyard stockcross always as Grand Chef.
He is a member and judge Bailiwick of Great Britain in 2010 of Confrérie de la chaîne des rôtisseurs.
Parallel to these activities and true to his roots, he is involved in the defense of ecology and healthy products as a regular juror of The Soil Association Organic Awards, advocacy group for environmentally friendly products and respect for animals
- French Brasserie Cookbook : The Heart of French Home Cooking. Duncan Baird Publishers. 2012. ASIN B00CF6FMXM.
- Het Franse brasserie kookboek (in Dutch). Kosmos. 2012. ISBN 978-9021550879.
- A Autêntica Culinária Francesa (in Portuguese). Translated by A Autêntica Culinária Francesa. Brasil: Publifolha Editora. 2012. ISBN 978-8579143380.
- Recettes de brasserie : Un savoir-faire à la française (in French). Translated by A Autêntica Culinária Francesa. France Gennevilliers: Prisma. 2013. ISBN 978-2810404148.
- Collective (2013). Saturday Kitchen Cooking Bible: 200 Delicious Recipes Cooked in the Nation's Favourite Kitchen. Oxford England: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. ISBN 978-0297869108.
- Revolutionary French Cooking. Oxford England: Duncan Baird Publishers. 2014. ISBN 978-1-84899-067-8.
- Kochen à la Liberté (in German). Translated by Anke Albrecht. Hildesheim Germany: Gerstenberg Verlag. 2014. ISBN 9783836920995.
- BBC One Saturday kitchen 2008-2009
- BBC Radio Berkshire 2011
- BBC Saturday Kitchen recipes 2013
- BBC One Christmas Kitchen 2012-2013
- "This Week – Daniel Galmiche & Jason Atherton | Saturday Kitchen Recipe Search". www.saturdaykitchenrecipesearch.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-04-27. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
Daniel’s cooking style is modern, classic French cuisine with both Mediterranean and far eastern influences but he describes it as ""Happy Food … fresh, light, simple, colourful and full of flavours".
- Treats of the East
- "Daniel Galmiche, chef étoilé au pays de sa Majesté - France 3 Franche-Comté". France 3 Franche-Comté. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "DDésormais, lorsqu'il s'exprime en français, Daniel Galmiche a une pointe d'accent d'outre-manche". www.estrepublicain.fr. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Le grand hôtel du ballon d'Alsace Lalloz Martzloff - L'auteur". didier.lalloz.free.fr. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- France, Daniel Galmiche Daniel was born in Lure in the Franche-Comté region of; Food, Became Interested in; gr, cooking at an early age His; Farm, Parents Ran an Organic; world, family meals consisted of their own home-grown produce Daniel's career has taken him all over the; Sweden, including; Britain, France He has also worked at restaurants all over; Bristol, from. "BBC - Food - Chefs : Daniel Galmiche recipes". Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Homepage | Good Food Channel". goodfood.uktv.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "An Interview With Chef Daniel Galmiche". Glam UK. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Daniel Galmiche Chef - Great British Chefs". Great British Chefs. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Cliveden House, Hôtel de luxe à la campagne, Berkshire – Relais & Châteaux". www.relaischateaux.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Galmiche takes over at Cliveden
- "Dine, le pari Londonien de Thomas Han". www.lhotellerie-restauration.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Chaine des Rôtisseurs « The Jeunes chefs rôtisseurs competition »
- Rising Chef Trophy
- Amazing Talent Coming To Right Some Good!
- Fine Dining at InterContinental Malta
- Michelin Gastronomic Series Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
- L'Association Soil a été fondée en 1946 par un groupe de fermiers, de scientifiques et de nutritionnistes qui ont observé un rapport direct entre la pratique agricole et la plante, l'animal, la santé humaine et environnementale.
- Top chefs, including Barny Haughton, Daniel Galmiche and Ollie Rowe
- ...others including Michelin-starred Daniel Galmiche and Jane Baxter of Riverford Organic Field Kitchen. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall will also be in attendance, but dishing out the Soil Association Organic Food Awards rather than meals
- Daniel Galmiche IMDb
- « Daniel Galmiche, chef at Reading's L'Ortolan restaurant, Bill Buckley - BBC Radio Devon »
- With chefs Daniel Galmiche and Tom Kerridge. Carlos Acosta faces his food heaven or hell.
- James Martin presents a Christmas-themed food show filled with guest chefs, celebrities and treats from the BBC's festive food archives.