President Joachim Gauck and Daniela Schadt (2013).
3 January 1960 |
Hanau, West Germany
|Partner(s)||Joachim Gauck (2000-present)|
Daniela Schadt (born 3 January 1960 in Hanau, West Germany) is a German journalist, and, since 2000, the domestic partner of Joachim Gauck, former President of Germany, who has been legally married since 1959 to Gerhild Radtke. She has sometimes been referred to by the media as "First Lady".
Schadt studied German, French, and politics at the University of Frankfurt. In 1985, Schadt became an editor at the Nürnberger Zeitung and was in charge of the German politics section. Upon the election of Gauck as President, she left the newspaper.
- Belgium: Dame Grand Cordon of the Order of Leopold
- Norway: Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit
- Sweden: Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Polar star
- Roman Deininger: Die Kandidatin an seiner Seite, in: Süddeutsche Zeitung, 29. Juni 2010
- Andrea Dernbach: "Ich unterstütze ihn aus vollem Herzen", in: Der Tagesspiegel, 22. Juni 2010
- Daniela Schadt, in: www.bundespräsident.de
- Neue First Lady Daniela Schaft, Bild
- Eine Hessin wird First Lady, Frankfurter Rundschau
|First Lady of Germany
|This German biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|