Danielle de Picciotto
Danielle de Picciotto is an American born artist, musician and film maker. She was born in Tacoma, Washington, USA, but now lives and works in Berlin, Germany. In 1989 she founded, along with partner Dr. Motte, the first Berlin Love Parade.
- Initiator of Berlin "Clubart Movement" in 1992.
- Singer of "Space Cowboys" and "The Ocean Club" (with Gudrun Gut).
- Initiator of the exhibition and event series: "Kunst oder König / in", to promote Berlin artists, DJs, and musicians.
- Member of Berlin art movement "Pop Surrealism".
- Sang for Die Haut together with Anita Lane, Nick Cave and Kid Congo Powers.
- 2001 Directs music video for Einstürzende Neubauten's Alexander Hacke on his world recording tour of "Sanctuary"
- 2002 Initiates "Bada Bing" a music event series together with partner Alexander Hacke
- Works together with the Goethe Institut internationally on presenting Berlins cultural scene.
In 2006 she married her longtime partner Alexander Hacke, bassist of Einstürzende Neubauten.
In 2008 she produced and creates live visual/acoustic show "Ship Of Fools" together with Alexander Hacke with which they tour internationally, inviting musicians from different countries to participate and create cultural interaction.
She was commissioned by the German Foreign Ministry to direct a short film on European Club Culture in 2008.
In 2009 she was commissioned by the German Foreign Ministry to direct a short animation movie on Club Culture.
2010 Publication of first book "The Beauty of Transgression" (Publishing Gestalten Verlag)
2011 Danielle de Picciotto and Alexander Hacke are invited to do a five-month art residency at the Meetfactory in Prague.
2012 Danielle de Picciotto becomes member of legendary band "Crime & the City Solution"
2013 Publication of new book "We Are Gypsies Now" (Metrolit Publishing)
2014 Danielle de Picciotto is invited to compose and perform music for the Theater Dortmund together with Mick Harvey, Alexander Hacke and Paul Wallfisch.
2015 "We are Gypsies Now" is released in the US by AMOK books. 2016 Danielle is invited to do a course on interdisciplinary performance at the HFG at ZKM center for media art in Karlsruhe. She also does panals and talks at NYU, Berlin and the Volkwang University, Bochum.
- 1991 LP "Locked And Loaded" Space Cowboys
- 1992 "Cheerio" Malaria
- 1993 "Single: " Terrorist" Space Cowboys
- 1995 "Waiting" Divamania; Digivalley
- 1996 "Pearl" & "Obsession" Oceanclub
- 1997 "No Go" Die Haut
- "John Massis" music video for "Fred Alpi" Paris
- "Rock On" music video for "Martin Dean" Berlin
- "Kleiner Dicker Junge" music video for "Electrcute" Los Angeles
- 2004 "Einstürzende Neubauten - on tour with neubauten.org" filmdocumentary
- 2005 "Nackte Hunde" Mermer Records
- 2006 "Throbbing Gristle; Berlin" film documentary
- 2007 "Mountains Of Madness" film documentary in cooperation with The Tiger Lillies and Alexander Hacke
- 2008 "The Ship Of Fools" DVD/CD film documentary and CD together with Alexander Hacke
- 2009 "Sternentanz" Animation movie for Foreign Ministry of Germany
- 2009 "In Berlin" Protagonist in the Berlin documentary by Michael Ballhaus and Ciro Cappellari
- 2009 "Do you love me as much as I love you" Protagonist in the Documentary on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds by Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard
- 2010 "How Long Is Now" Filmdocumentary DVD
- 2011 "Hitman's Heel" CD in cooperation with Alexander Hacke
- 2012 "The Beauty of Transgression - A Berlin Memoir" Author Danielle de Picciotto Publisher: Gestalten Verlag
- 2012 " The Glasshouse" Filmdocumentary DVD 
- 2013 "American Twilight" CD with "Crime & the City Solution" from Mute records
- 2013 "We are Gypsies Now - Der Weg ins Ungewisse" Graphic Diary Publisher: Metrolit Verlag Berlin
- 2014 "Republik der Wölfe" Theatermusic composed and performed live at Theater Dortmund together with Mick Harvey, Alexander Hacke, Paul Wallfisch
- 2014 "The Ministry of Wolves" Album release in collaboration with Mick Harvey, Alexander Hacke, Paul Wallfisch
- 2015 " Not Junk Yet- The Art of Lary 7" Film Documentary
- 2015 " We Are Gypsies Now" is released in the US by AMOK books
- 2015 "Tacoma" Album; Moabit Music
- 2016 "Perseverantia" Album; CD/LP collaboration with Alexander Hacke
- 2017 "Unity" Mediatation Album, CD Collaboration with Alexander Hacke
- Danielle de Picciotto: 'Detroit is the new Berlin' Deutsche Welle -- November 21, 2013
- About Danielle de Picciotto
- Danielle de Picciotto and Alexander Hacke on The Love Parade, Neubauten and Berlin by Tom Murphy. Denver Westword, August 31, 2011.
- Danielle de Picciotto fait partie de ces légendes discrètes de l'underground Vice.com - January 29, 2016
- In Transit: An Interview With Danielle de Picciotto The Quietus, May 20, 21015
- Kunst oder Königin Gestalten News, August 2005.
- Gallery Neurotitan Feedback, November 6, 2009
- Danielle de Picciotto ExBerliner, October 19, 2011.
- Meet the artists Goethe Institut
- Interview with Danielle de Picciotto Westword, May 9, 2012
- Reviews: American Twilight Mute.com, March 25, 2013
- Graphic Diary: We Are Gypsies Now Vulture.com, September 29, 2015
- Danielle de Picciotto On Gentrification Westword, August 12, 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danielle de Picciotto.|