|Full name||Daniel Galea|
20 September 1983 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||97 kg (15 st 4 lb)|
|Position||Centre, Second-row, Lock|
Daniel "Danny" Galea (born 20 September 1983 in Sydney, New South Wales) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played for Penrith Panthers, Wests Tigers and Canberra Raiders in the National Rugby League, and for the Widnes Vikings in the English Super League.
Galea played a handful of games for Penrith Panthers in 2002 & 2003, but from 2004 on was a regular in the starting side, playing in the centres . He joined the Wests Tigers from 2007, with coach Tim Sheens playing him in the back row, mostly from the bench. In his first season with Wests Tigers he played in just two games. Over the three years he spent at the club, he scored just one try, in what was to be his last appearance.
Galea signed a 1-year deal with the Canberra Raiders on 4 November 2009, and at the end of the year agreed to remain at the club for another season. He played in twenty games in his three years with the Raiders, and was a member of the starting side as they lost the last 6 games of 2011.
Danny Galea signed a 2-year deal to return to the Penrith Panthers on 2 September 2011.
Galea joined the Widnes Vikings in the Super League in 2014. On 4 May 2014, he signed a new deal that will keep him at Widnes for another 2 years. He announced his retirement at the end of the 2015 season.
- First Grade Debut: 2002 - Round 19, Panthers vs Newcastle Knights at EnergyAustralia Stadium, 21 July
- "Danny Galea Widnes Vikings". www.superleague.co.uk. Rugby Football League. 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Galea stays with Raiders". Sydney Morning Herald. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Late deals see Tasi to Broncos, Galea to Dogs". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Danny Galea: Widnes Vikings forward announces retirement". BBC Sport. 18 November 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2016.