Danton (1932 film)
|Directed by||André Roubaud|
|Starring||Jacques Grétillat, Jacques Dumesnil and Andrée Ducret|
Danton is a 1932 French historical drama film directed by André Roubaud and starring Jacques Grétillat, Andrée Ducret and Jacques Dumesnil. It depicts the life of the French revolutionary Georges Danton and his eventual execution by hardliners of the Revolution. It was based in part on the 1929 play The Danton Case by Stanisława Przybyszewska.
- Jacques Grétillat - Danton
- Andrée Ducret - Gabrielle Danton
- Jacques Dumesnil - Fabre d'Églantine
- André Fouché - Camille Desmoulins
- Simone Rouvière - Lucile Desmoulins
- Octave Berthier - Le père Charpentier
- Marguerite Weintenberger - Louise Danton
- Louis Merlac - Le boucher Legendre
- Thomy Bourdelle - Le général Westermann
- Stam & Raengo p.195
- Oscherwitz, Dayna. Past Forward: French Cinema and the Post-Colonial Heritage. SIU Press, 2010.
- Stam, Robert & Raengo, Alessandra. A Companion to Literature and Film. John Wiley & Sons, 2004.
|This article related to a French film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to historical films is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|