Daprato Rigali Studios
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daprato Rigali Studios (formerly Daprato Statuary Company) is an interior restoration and renovation company in Chicago. It was founded in 1860 by the Daprato brothers, Italian immigrants from the town of Barga. The company specializes in interior renovations and restorations of historic and iconic buildings such as churches, theaters, hotels, banks, courthouses and commercial building lobbies. They have decorative painting, stained glass and marble fabrication departments.
In 1881, John E. Rigali, the great-grandfather of the firm's current family members, completed his training in Florence and immigrated to Chicago to work with the Daprato brothers. Rigali became a partner in 1884 and, in 1890, president of Daprato Statuary Company.
In 1960, under the guidance of Robert Rigali, the organization took on the name, Daprato Rigali Studios.
The company is currently managed by 4th generation Rigali family members Bob, John, Mike and Elizabeth.
- Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception (Peoria, Illinois)
- Holy Name Cathedral (Chicago) - Full restoration of interior following fire in 2009.
- Rookery Building
- St. John Cantius Church (Chicago)
- University of Saint Mary of the Lake
- Saint Clement Catholic Church, Chicago
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta)
- Cathedral of the Incarnation (Nashville, Tennessee)
- St. Hedwig's Church (Chicago)
- St. Mary's Church (Beaverville, Illinois)
- Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (Natchitoches, Louisiana)
The Pontifical Institute of Christian Art
Illinois Family Business of the Year Award
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-08-29. Retrieved 2016-09-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Grissom, Carol A. (2009). Zinc Sculpture in America, 1850-1950. ISBN 9780874130317.
- Butterman, Eric (Spring 2006). "Church restoration a family reunion". Notre Dame magazine. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Daprato Rigali Studios - Our Legacy". Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Brachear, Manya A. (2 August 2009). "Renovated Holy Name shines in debut mass". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 29 August 2016.