January 29, 1985 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school||Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)|
|NBA draft||2007 / Undrafted|
|2009–2010||Maine Red Claws|
|2010–2012||Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|2013||New Zealand Breakers|
|2014||Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|2015–2016||Iowa Energy (assistant)|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Lazare played his high school basketball for coach Kenny Almond at Woodlawn High School, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Lazare averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds in his final year at Woodlawn, and won back-to-back basketball state championships at Woodlawn in his junior and senior seasons. Lazare was a two-year member of the Louisiana Sports Writers Association All-State team, two-year member of the Advocate's All-Metro team and three-year All-District honoree.
Lazare averaged just over 12 minutes a game in his freshman season at Louisiana State University. He played in all 29 games, starting eight of them. He averaged 2.9 points and 2.4 rebounds per game.
In his sophomore season, he played in 25 games (no starts), averaging 2.0 points and 1.2 rebounds per game.
In his junior season, he played in 36 games (15 starts), averaging 6.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.
Lazare went undrafted in the 2007 NBA draft. He later signed with Stal Ostrów Wielkopolski of Poland but left after pre-season. He then moved to Gothia Basket of Sweden for the 2007–08 season.
In 2008, he signed with Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk of the Ukraine for the 2008–09 season.
In November 2009, he was acquired by the Maine Red Claws. During the 2009–10 season, Lazare averaged 10.5 points and 5.4 rebounds in 27 minutes per game in 50 games.
In November 2010, his rights were traded to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants for a second round pick. In November 2011, he was re-acquired by the Mad Ants. On December 10, 2011, he signed with the Indiana Pacers. However, he was later waived by the Pacers on December 23, 2011. He then returned to the Mad Ants.
On July 9, 2012, Lazare signed with the Sydney Kings for the 2012–13 NBL season. Lazare had a successful season with the Kings, being named the starting power forward for the North All-Star team. He scored a season high 25 points against the New Zealand Breakers on February 9, 2013.
- Scout.com: Darnell Lazare Profile
- Darnell Lazre Bio
- Darnell Lazare Stats
- NBA Development League: Darnell Lazare Playerfile – Career Stats & Totals
- Ants Picks Seven In Draft
- "Pacers Re-Sign 12-Year Team Veteran Jeff Foster; Free Agent Jeff Pendergraph, 4 D-League Players Added To Roster". NBA.com. December 10, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Kings sign 2nd import, Darnell Lazare
- Player statistics for Darnell Lazare
- VICKERMAN MOVES TO FILL BREAKERS ROSTER
- SKYCITY BREAKERS MOVE QUICKLY IN ROSTER CHANGE
- Darnell Lazare Back with Mad Ants
- Stampede acquire Darnell Lazare from Fort Wayne
- Grizzlies announce 2015 Orlando Pro Summer League Roster
- Cohn, Justin A. (December 12, 2015). "Young shines but Mad Ants lose in OT". JournalGazatte.com. Retrieved February 20, 2016.