Photo of Dave Hensman
|Birth name||David John Hensman|
|Born||Goose Bay, NL, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||singer, songwriter, minister, businessperson, politician|
|Labels||Big Sky Music|
Hensman began writing and performing his own songs during the late 1970s and through the 1980s with three different bands: Fish Tank, Last Harvest Band and the Alpha Omega Band. The latter being a Christian rock ministry focused on evangelism.
His most notable musical contributions began in 2006 when he released the album These Are The Days. It received some critical acclaim and was nominated for the "Praise and Worship Album of the Year" by the Canadian Gospel Music Association and "Gospel Recording of the Year" by the East Coast Music Association.
Then in 2009 he released the album Find Me/Blessed Are The Lost Ones. The album cover design won the Covenant Award for "Album Design of the Year" and two other nominations: "Praise and Worship Song of the Year" (You Alone) and "Modern Worship Song of the Year" (Author of our Faith). The album was nominated "Gospel Recording of the Year" by the East Coast Music Association.
- These Are The Days (2006)
- Find Me/Blessed Are The Lost Ones (2009)
Songs in other projects
- "What A Love" and "Love Jesus", Worship In The Pacific NW (Calvary Chapel Northwest, 1998)
- "Father's House", Worship In The Pacific NW (Calvary Chapel Northwest, 1999)
- "Let It Be", Sea to Sea: For Endless Days (Lakeside Media Group, 2006)
- "Hear Us Call", Holy God (Brian Doerksen album) (Integrity, 2006)
In 2001 Hensman ran for political office in the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows district during the British Columbia general election as a member of the Unity Party. He lost to Ken Stewart the BC Liberals. In 2012 he became a councillor for the city of Mission
- GMAC 2006 Covenant Award nominees. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- 2006 ECMA nominees. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- GMAC 2009 Covenant Award winners. Retrieved 2009-12-04. Archived November 14, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- GMAC 2009 Covenant Award nominees. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- 2009 ECMA nominees. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Teamwork Property Management website.
- "Bio - David John Hensman". davidjohnhensman.com. Retrieved April 2, 2011.