Dave Lewis (rugby union)
|Full name||David Ian Lewis|
|Date of birth||29 April 1989|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (12 st 8 lb) |
|School||St Michael's Tawstock
Ivybridge Community College
|Rugby union career|
|Current team||Exeter Chiefs|
Lewis' first appearance for Gloucester was in the 07/08 season at home to Worcester when he came on for 7 minutes. His breakthrough season was the 08/09 season. He made 11 appearances and just as he was starting to establish himself in the starting line up he suffered an injury (broken leg) at home to London Irish in January. He returned to the Gloucester side for the final game of the season at London Wasps before joining up with the England under 20s for the Under 20s World Cup in Japan. From then he has been a prominent player for Gloucester but has had to battle with Rory Lawson for the scrum-half berth at Kingsholm.
It was announced on 14 February 2013 that Lewis would be rejoining Exeter Chiefs from the 2013-14 season. On 8 January 2015, Lewis signed a two-year contract extension with Exeter until the end of the 2016-17 season.
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby - Gloucester Rugby". web page. Premier Rugby. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Gloucester Sign Rising Star Lewis". BBC Sport. 9 February 2007.
- Stevens, Mark. "Lewis Agrees Chiefs Move". Exeter Chiefs. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Dave Lewis contract extension with Exeter Chiefs". Sky Sports. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Harlequins sign Exter Chiefs scrum-half Dave Lewis". BBC Sport. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Dave Lewis added to England Saxons squad". BBC Sport. 23 January 2014.
- "England Saxons 8-14 Ireland Wolfhounds". BBC Sport. 25 January 2014.
|This English rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|