Dave Sharp (bass guitarist)
|Birth name||David Sharp|
|Also known as||D3|
|Genres||Jazz, funk, Indian music|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, double bass|
|Labels||Vortex Jazz Recordings, Musart, Blue Pie Records|
|Associated acts||Melvins, The Dave Sharp Secret Seven, Muruga Booker, Steven Springer, Delaney, Summers & Sharp,|
Dave Sharp was the touring bass guitarist for the rock band Melvins during their 1993 tour. He currently plays in several bands including Dave Sharp's Secret 7 (World Jazz), Dave Sharp Worlds Trio, Three Worlds Trio, Sumkali (Indian Fusion), Klezmephonic (Traditional Klezmer), Wisaal (Arabic Fusion) as well as collaborating with Bollywood musicians (Parthiv Gohil, Jointa Gandhi) and touring Kirtan (Girish, Prema Hara) artists.
Native Detroiter Sharp became devoted to Jazz at the University of Michigan and later studied with bassist Herbie Lewis in San Francisco, and bassist, composer and bandleader Marion Hayden in Michigan.
- 2013 – WORLDS Featuring Chris Kaercher, Elden Kelly, Cheik Lo, Parthiv Gohil, Gayelynne McKinney, Gary Schunk, Andre Frappier, Evan Perri, Chris Codish, Igor Houwat, Chuck Mauk, Jay Antani, Pathe Jasse, Eenor, Carolyn Koebel.
- 2010 – 7
- 2011 – JUNGLE (self-titled) (with Muruga Booker and Steven Springer)
- Hughes, Josiah (April 3, 2008). "Melvins' Dave Sharp Readies New Jazz Album". Exclaim!. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "Dave Sharp Bio". Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Needham, Bob (Feb 11, 2011). "Iggy Pop, Stooges to headline Michigan Theater tribute to Ron Asheton". Retrieved January 7, 2018.