David Altshuler (curator)
David Altshuler is an American scholar and museum director.
He was the founding director of the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York City, a position he held from 1984 until December 1999, when he left to become president of the Trust for Jewish Philanthropy.
- The Jews of Washington, D.C.: a communal history anthology, editor. Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington, Rossel Books, c1985.
- The Precious Legacy: Judaic Treasures from the Czechoslovak State Collection, editor. Exhibit catalogue. (Simon & Schuster, 1983).
- Lewis, Jo Ann (13 November 1983). "Legacy of a Lost World". Washington Post. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "After 13 Years of Uncertainty, Holocaust Museum to Rise in New York". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. 24 August 1994. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Blumenthal, Robert (8 December 2000). "Museum of Jewish Heritage Names New Director". New York Times. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- DeBonis, Mike (30 September 2014). "The 50 'essential' Washington history books: The D.C. Public Library's Washingtoniana Division has released a list of the best books on city history". Washington Post.