|David Bass (Daveyboyz)|
19 August 1987
|Years active||30 September 2006 – Present|
|Web alias(es)||daveyboyz, Round Saturns Eye|
David Bass (Daveyboyz) is a British TV Presenter, writer and filmmaker, based in London, UK. He found his fame through using the video sharing website YouTube. In late 2010 David co-presented alongside Radio 1's James King and Lizzie Cundy for the seventh series of ITV2's weekly show ITV at the Movies.
- 1 Background
- 2 Musical Comedies
- 3 Meeting the Queen
- 4 YouTube Interviews
- 5 ITV at the Movies
- 6 Call of Duty: MW3 Live Launch
- 7 Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- 8 References
- 9 External links
David was cited as "one to watch" in the Telegraph in late 2008. Earlier that year, along with nine other notable video bloggers, David participated in the multi-platform relaunch of BBC Three as a member of the winning YouStage team on the programme Upstaged.
David's work can be primarily found on YouTube. His most viewed individual video to date carries over 7.5 million views, and is a parody of heavy metal music sung by a farmer character. He also has another YouTube channel called Round Saturns Eye. 
Heavy Metal Farmer
Daveyboyz most notable performance to date is 'Heavy Metal Farmer', which was uploaded to YouTube on 15 September 2008. The video has since reached over 7.5 million views online, and featured on Channel 4's Rude Tube, with Alex Zane. Press coverage of the video has so far included articles from Metal Hammer magazine, BBC News, Bedfordshire on Sunday and an interview with Stephen Rhodes on BBC Three Counties Radio.
Death Metal Vicar
David's popular video sketch 'Death Metal Vicar', which features two vicars performing an Easter church service in the style of a death metal song, has also been included in the latest Rude Tube episode of the new worldwide series release.
Dubstep Santa is a series of Dubstep videos created by David Bass. The original Dubstep Santa track entitled 'Christmas Bassline' (Released 7 December 2009 and produced by NSGMusic) has received over 6.8 million hits and topped #14 in the Amazon.co.uk Dance & Electronic chart, and 252 in the main UK download chart.
The second installment, entitled 'Dubstep Santa 2 'Filthy' was released on 1 December 2010 on YouTube and was in collaboration with Dubstep Producer Audio-Spektics. 'Filthy' has received over 1.5 million hits online. Dubstep Santa 2 was censored on YouTube in Germany.
The finale to the series, Dirty Grotto saw a controversial depiction of the Santa character, as the portrayal was rather darker than the Dubstep Santa explored previously. However the video remained popular with fans and amassed over 750,000 hits.
'Justin Beaver' was a satirical take on Justin Bieber and his hit song 'Baby'. In the music video a beaver character (played by David Bass) sings of his fear of catching 'Rabies' from his rabbit lover. The song has received over 3.2 million hits online. The sketch was featured in Channel 4's 'Rude Tube' in summer 2011.
Meeting the Queen
In October 2008, along with two other notable YouTubers Peter Oakley (geriatric1927) and Lauren Luke (panacea81), David represented the site by attending a royal visit by the Queen and her husband Prince Phillip at the Google headquarters in London.
In December 2009 Fox/YouTube invited David (along with YouTube super-users Paperlilies and WhatAboutAdam) to attend and interview the stars on the red carpet at the world premiere of James Cameron's 'Avatar' movie.
In March 2010, David was the official YouTube host in a one on one interview with James Cameron surrounding the DVD/Blu-ray release of Avatar by 20th Century Fox in Hollywood, California. The interview has since been released on the official Avatar YouTube channel and received over 800,000 views.
ITV at the Movies
As from Saturday 25 September 2010 David Bass appeared once a week as one of three interviewers on ITV2's seventh series of ITV at the Movies. The show looked at the top movies of each week and included interviews with the cast.
Call of Duty: MW3 Live Launch
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
In August, 2013 David Bass was one of four young people in the UK who featured in a documentary called 'Inside My Mind', a show aired by BBC Three as part of a series of content promoting Mental Health Awareness. The programme focused on Anxiety and Depression, exploring ways that psychological disorders affect the human brain using 3D CGI models.  
In December 2014, British newspaper The Independent published the story of how David has combated OCD using a sci-fi gadget called the 'Alpha Stim'. The article was titled 'Coping with OCD: How Alpha-Stim is helping to beat the 'bully 
- Beaumont, By Claudine. "Youtube: top 10 celebrities".
- daveyboyz (15 September 2008). "Heavy Metal Farmer" – via YouTube.
- "Round SaturnsEye".
- "David Bass interview BBC Look East - Video Dailymotion". 28 September 2010.
- daveyboyzextra (16 September 2009). "Daveyboyz Interview (BBC Three Counties radio)" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyzextra (17 March 2010). "'Death Metal Vicar' Daveyboyz on Rude Tube (CHANNEL 4)" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyz (7 December 2009). "Dubstep Santa" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyz (1 December 2010). "Dubstep Santa 2 - 'FILTHY'" – via YouTube.
- "Controversial Santa video viewed by thousands". 13 December 2011.
- daveyboyz (20 April 2010). "Justin Beaver - 'RABIES' (Parody 'Baby')" – via YouTube.
- Rude Tube (13 September 2011). "Rude Tube V: Justin Beaver - Unseen Interview" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyz (15 October 2008). "Meeting Playboy's Chyna!" – via YouTube.
- "Submit questions for YouTube user's interview with James Cameron".
- "Official Avatar".
- Official Avatar (26 April 2010). "James Cameron interview" – via YouTube.
- Limited, GipsyMedia. "ITV at The Movies on ITV2 at 1:20pm September 25th, 2010".
- daveyboyzextra (7 November 2010). "Due Date Premiere (London) with David Bass" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyzextra (30 November 2010). "Meeting Colin Farrell" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyzextra (19 November 2010). "Meeting 'Voice of Andy' Toy Story 3" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyz (10 November 2010). "Meeting Robert Downey jr. and Zach Galifianakis" – via YouTube.
- daveyboyzextra (29 October 2010). "Bruce Willis NEW interview (David Bass - ITV at the Movies)" – via YouTube.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (7 November 2011). "Watch the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 London launch online".
- codMW3launch (9 November 2011). "Call of Duty: MW3 - Highlights from UK launch party 07.11.11" – via YouTube.
- Hick, Melanie (8 November 2011). "(PHOTOS) Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Launch Party".
- "David reveals what it's like living with OCD". 7 October 2012.
- "It's a Mad World, Series 2, Free Speech - BBC Three".
- "07/08/2013, Dokumenttiprojekti - BBC Three".
- "David and his OCD, 07/08/2013, Dokumenttiprojekti - BBC Three".
- "The invisible obsessions ruining lives".
- Bailey, Madeleine (12 December 2013). "My winter sniffles were caused not by a cold but an allergy to CHRISTMAS TREES".
- "Coping with OCD: How Alpha-Stim is helping to beat the 'bully'". 29 December 2014.