This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David Bedein (born August 31, 1950) is an MSW, a community organizer by profession, a writer, and an investigative journalist. In 1987 he established the Israel Resource News Agency, with offices at the Beit Agron Int’l Press Center in Jerusalem. He serves as Director of The Center for Near East Policy Research.
Mr. Bedein has also reported for news outlets such as CNN Radio, Makor Rishon, Philadelphia Inquirer, Jerusalem Post, and the Jewish World Review. For four years, Bedein was the Middle East correspondent for the Philadelphia Bulletin, writing 1,062 articles until the newspaper ceased operation in 2010. Bedein has covered attempts at Middle East negotiations centering Israel—in Oslo, Ottawa, Shepherdstown, The Wye Plantation, Annapolis, Geneva, Nicosia, Washington, D.C., London, Bonn, and Vienna.
Most recently, David Bedein's organization has developed Btselem Watch, with its own website whose purpose is to introduce professional criticism and feedback to leading organizations which are described as human rights groups that operate in the political domain.
The UNRWA Reform Initiative (U.R.I.) was launched by The Center for Near East Policy Research, which has been conducting news investigations and producing films since 1987. Their current project focuses on policy change at UNRWA, The United Nations Relief and Works Agency.
Research and media presence
Mr. Bedein has overseen investigative studies of the Palestinian Authority, the Expulsion Process from Gush Katif and Samaria, The Peres Center for Peace, Peace Now, The International Center for Economic Cooperation of Yossi Beilin, the ISM, Adalah, the New Israel Fund, and United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA). Mr. Bedein has also reported on all of these events and organizations at www.IsraelBehindTheNews.com.
Under the Direction of David Bedein, The Center for Near East Policy Research and www.IsraelBehindTheNews.com have produced a number of investigative video productions. In July 2013 they released the film titled "Camp Jihad" allegedly showing activities and interviews in which UNRWA promotes anti-Semitism and incitement to violence in its 'summer camps'. This was not the first time he dealt with this topic. UNRWA released an official rejection of these claims, claiming the summer camp shown, and the people involved are not affiliated with UNRWA. In a November 2013 meeting between US Secretary of State, John Kerry and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, parts of this film were shown.
A review of Bedein's new book, Roadblock to Peace How the UN Perpetuates the Arab-Israeli Conflict: UNRWA Policies Reconsidered, can be found here  .
Bedein has been involved in UNRWA Reform Initiative, which involves requests of donor nations to make reasonable reforms of UNRWA. Bedein's legal counsel articulated these requested reforms in a letter to the British government DFID Agency which helps UNRWA. In March 2014, Bedein participated in an informal panel at the British House of Commons with experts on UNRWA education.
Since the publication of Bedein's book, Bedein has discovered several new alleged findings concerning UNRWA, Islamic groups that fund UNRWA, Jews killed Christ in the Palestinian Authority Christian Education Texts Used in UNRWA Schools and UNRWA Child Death Cult Education.
Most recently, Bedein presented his latest research to members of the Swedish Parliament on November 18, 2016. He appeared on a local program entitled "Follow the Money: with Swedish journalist Tobias Petterson"  Following these revelations, Tobias Peterson took to the Israel Nation News site, Arutz 7, to express his shock over the official Palestinian Authority Ministry of Education textbooks and curriculum.
In 1988, the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) filed a lawsuit in Israel for $1 million against Bedein’s company, Israel Resources, after Bedein showed “taped copies of the network’s evening news coverage of the Arab uprising” (First Intifada) at one or more events where Bedein charged a fee for entry. ABC charged that Bedein violated the copyright to the footage by showing the clips.
The New York Times provided more context in an article just following the filing of the lawsuit:
Newscasts drawn from American, Canadian and European television were shown throughout the winter months to demonstrate the disparity between foreign and Israeli coverage of the Palestinian uprising. Showing the tapes to Jerusalem audiences helped lead to outraged charges from many Israelis that the international press was being unfair to their country.
Before the foreign television tapes were shown here, Israelis had seen only their own television coverage, which failed to show many of the worst cases of violence. That coverage helped many in this country form their personal impression of what what was happening in the occupied territories.
Films Produced by the Center for Near East Policy Research
The Center for Near East Policy Research has been investigating UNRWA for 27 years and has produced documentary films for over a decade, showing activities going on in schools and camps, with interviews from students and staff.
- 2016 'UNRWA Road to Terror: Palestinian Classroom Incitement'
- 2015 'Mohammad Assaf: War Song for UNRWA'
- 2015 'Iran: Billions for Terror'
- 2015 'Children's Army of Hamas'
- 2014 'UNRWA Goes to War'
- 2013 'Camp Jihad' 
- 2013 'Inside the UNRWA Classroom' 
- 2011 'UNRWA Right of Return Summer Camp'
- 2011 'Palestinian Refugee Policy: From Despair to Hope - Parts 1—2'
- 2010 'For the Sake of Nakba'
- 2004 'Hostages of Hatred - Parts 1—6'
- Karsh, Efraim (25 October 2018). Israel: Israel in the international arena. Psychology Press. ISBN 9780714649603 – via Google Books.
- The Jewish spectator: Volume 57, School of the Jewish Woman, New York, N.Y. 1993
- "Jewish World Review". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "The Philadelphia Bulletin". Behind The News in Israel. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Jewish action: Volumes 60-61 Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America - 1999
- Jewish frontier: Volumes 52-54, League for Labor Palestine, Jewish Frontier Association, 1985
- Reprints, Media (2014-01-29). "The UNRWA Reform Initiative | Israel Behind the News". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- Reprints, Media (2016-11-24). "A MODEL LETTER OF WHAT YOU SHOULD WRITE TO STAFF PEOPLE OF ELECTED OFFICIALS TO ASK TO CONDITION AID TO UNRWA ON AN OVERHAUL IN THE UNRWA CURRICULUM | Israel Behind the News". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Behind the news in Israel - Special Reports". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Camp Jihad". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "UNRWA Right of Return Summer Camp August 2011". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "UNRWA REJECTS ALLEGATIONS OF INCITEMENT AS BASELESS: STATEMENT BY UNRWA SPOKESPERSON CHRIS GUNNESS". UNRWA. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Report: Netanyahu Played Arab Incitement Footage for Kerry". The Algemeiner. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- David Bedein (2016-12-09). "The UNRWA Reform Initiative". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Reprints, Media (2013-07-10). "Letter: Incitement against Israel and encouragement to take violent means against Israel in the textbooks of the schools in the refugee camps in Eastern Jerusalem, schools which are supported by "UNRWA"". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Bedein, David (2014-04-07). "Stop UNRWA War Education : What You Can Do". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Reprints, Media (2014-05-30). "Islamic groups that fund UNRWA". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Dr. Arnon Groiss (Commissioned by the Center for Near East Policy Research, April 2014) (2014-04-11). "Official Palestinian Authority Allegation: Jews killed Christ in the Palestinian Authority Christian Education Textbooks Used in UNRWA Schools in the West Bank, Jerusalem & Gaza". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Reprints, Media (2014-04-07). "The U.N.'s Child Death Cult Education". Israel Behind the News. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Briefing to Swedish gov on UNRWA with David S. Bedein Bureau Chief Israel behind the news (in Swedish), 2016-11-18, retrieved 2016-11-28
- Follow the money UNRWA (in Swedish), 2016-11-27, retrieved 2016-11-28
- “Letter to the Editor: ABC Suit Against Bedein.” Jerusalem Post. May 25, 1992.
- Times, Special to the New York (1988-08-17). "ABC Suing Israeli Agency for Showing News Tapes". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- ""The 'Fair Use' Doctrine: ABC Sues Self-Styled Media Watchdog for Using the Network's News Clips at His 'Media Seminars.' (David Bedein)" by Luxner, Larry - Editor & Publisher, Vol. 125, Issue 14, April 4, 1992 | Online Research Library: Questia". www.questia.com. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- “ABC and the Public.” Jerusalem Post. May 4, 1992.
- "CFNEPR Documentary Films".
- "Filmmaker calls for UNRWA 'self-introspection' over Palestinian classroom incitement —". Jns.org. 2016-06-22. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- "New Israeli documentary shows 'Children's Army of Hamas'". jpost.com. 2015-04-02. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
In documentary presented to the UN, Hamas appears to acknowledge that it is breaking international law by training and indoctrinating child soldiers.
- Sharona Schwartz (2013-08-14). "'Camp Jihad': U.N.-Sponsored Camps Encourage Palestinian Kids to Destroy Israel". theblaze.com. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Video: Inside the UNRWA Classroom".
- Interviews with on YouTube and on YouTube (and many others) can be found on YouTube.
- Eleven documentary films can be viewed at The Center for Near East Policy Research Website.
- Research on UNRWA is located at The Center for Near East Policy Research  and Israel Behind the News.