David Bell (footballer, born 1984)
|Full name||David Anthony Bell|
|Date of birth||21 January 1984|
|Place of birth||Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|King's Lynn Town|
|2000–2006||Rushden & Diamonds||122||(10)|
|2008||→ Leicester City (loan)||6||(0)|
|2014–||King's Lynn Town||12||(1)|
|2004–2005||Republic of Ireland U21||2||(0)|
|2007||Republic of Ireland B||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 January 2014.
David Anthony Bell (born 21 January 1984) is a professional footballer who currently plays as a midfielder for King's Lynn Town. He previously played for Norwich City, Coventry City, Luton Town, Rushden & Diamonds and Notts County. He plays mostly in the centre and on the right, although he can also play on the left.
The 2006–07 season was very much a breakthrough season for him as he went from a squad player at Luton to one of the club's key players under Mike Newell and Kevin Blackwell. In January 2007 he was given a contract extension, running through to 2010.
At the end of season awards, Bell won the Internet Player of the Season and Young Supporters' Player of the Season – an achievement few fans believed possible at the start of the season, as Bell had not even broken into the starting line-up at the season's beginning.
On 23 July 2008 it was confirmed that Bell had agreed a three-year deal with Norwich City, signing for an undisclosed fee. His debut for the club was delayed by an ankle injury incurred before his signing. He finally made his first appearance in a home defeat to Derby County on 4 October 2008.
On 29 January 2009, he signed for Coventry City, for a fee believed to be on the region of £500,000.
Bell scored his first goal for Coventry on 21 March 2009 with a 45-yard strike against Doncaster at the Ricoh Arena. Bell scored in Coventry's FA Cup 3rd round tie draw at Premier League club Portsmouth on 2 January 2010.
Stats according to Soccerbase
- As of 29 April 2013
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Rushden & Diamonds||2000–01||Conference||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||1||0|
|Leicester City (loan)||2007–08||Championship||6||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||0|
|Luton Town Total||75||7||7||0||6||1||1||0||89||8|
- A. ^ The "Other" column constitutes appearances and goals (including substitutes) in the FA Trophy and Football League Trophy.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 40. ISBN 9781845966010.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 457. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Bell goes from Luton to Leicester". BBC News. 28 March 2008. Retrieved 7 March 2008.
- "Bell signs for Canaries". 23 July 2008. Retrieved 23 July 2008.
- "Bell blow for Canaries". Sky Sports. 30 July 2008. Retrieved 15 August 2008.
- "Norwich 1–2 Derby". BBC News. 4 October 2008. Retrieved 11 October 2008.
- "Coventry 1–0 Doncaster". BBC. 21 March 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- "Portsmouth 1–1 Coventry". BBC. 2 January 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- Magpies Swoop For Creative Midfielder