David Buchan (artist)
During the 1970s and 80s, Buchan's work was mostly performance and multimedia art. A 1978 performance piece, "Fruit Cocktails," featured a persona "Lamonte del Monte" which Buchan would continue to use into the future. Buchan also created photo-text pieces which parodied old advertising and commented on popular culture.
His work is among the collections of the National Gallery of Canada, the Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography, the University of Lethbridge Art Gallery, the Canada Council Art Bank, and the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1993, "David Buchan: Inside the Image," The Power Plant, Toronto,
- 1988, "On the Rocks," Cold City Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 1989, Galerie SAW, Ottawa, Ontario
- 1988, "David Buchan"; Canadian Youth, Western Front Society, Vancouver, B.C.
- 1987, Cold City Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- 1984, A Space, Toronto, Ontario
- 1981, Roots, Lamonte Del Monte's Family Tree, YYZ, Toronto, Ontario
- 1981, Modern Fashions, Mercer Union, Toronto, Ontario
- 1981, Modern Fashions, Southern Alberta Art Gallery, Lethbridge, Alberta
- 1981, Modern Fashions, I.D.A. Gallery, York University, Toronto, Ontario
- 1981, Gallery 76, Toronto, Ontario
- 1980, Art Gallery, Student Union Building, Edmonton, Alberta
- 1980, Modern Fashions, Canadian Cultural Centre, Paris, France
- 1980, Modern Fashions, Art Gallery, Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax, N.S.
- 1979, Modern Fashions, Glenbow Museum of Art, Calgary, Alberta
- 2012, An Introduction to the Language of Partial Seduction: Works by David Buchan, Art Museum at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- David Buchan fonds, Art Metropole Collection, National Gallery of Canada
- "Artist/Maker Name "Buchan, David"". Canadian Heritage Information Network. Government of Canada. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- Jeffrey J. Spalding; Florida State University Museum of Fine Arts; Appleton Museum of Art (Ocala, Fla.) (1 January 2000). ABC's of Pop art: America, Britain, Canada, major artists and their legacy. Florida State University Museum of Fine Arts.
- A. A. Bronson; Peggy Gale (1979). Performance by artists. Art Metropole. ISBN 978-0-920956-00-7.
- David Buchan CV, Concordia
- "An Introduction to the Language of Partial Seduction: Works by David Buchan – Art Museum at the University of Toronto". Art Museum at the University of Toronto. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
|This article about a Canadian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|