|No. 34 – Panthers Schwenningen|
|Born||March 28, 1995|
|Listed height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Listed weight||167 lb (76 kg)|
|High school||York Community|
|NBA draft||2018 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
David Cohn (דייוויד כהן; born March 28, 1995) is an American-Israeli basketball player. He plays for the Panthers Schwenningen in the German ProA league. Cohn earlier played for Maccabi Haifa in the Israeli Basketball Premier League. He plays the point guard position.
Cohn was born in Chicago, Illinois, and grew up in Elmhurst, Illinois. His parents are Paula and Dave Cohn. Has a younger sister, Olivia, and a younger brother, Erik. He is 6' 2" feet (1.88 meters) tall, and weighs 167 pounds (76 kg).
He went to York Community High School ('13) in Elmhurst. Cohn averaged 22 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists per game as a junior in 2011-12, and set a school single-game scoring record with 47 points during the season. He averaged 17 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists per game in his senior year. He was an All-State selection his junior and senior seasons, and as a senior both Chicago Sun-Time's All-Area and Daily Herald DuPage County All-Area. He scored more than 1,600 career points, second in York history.
He then transferred and attended the College of William & Mary ('18), and played college basketball for the William & Mary Tribe. In 2015-16 Cohn had the second-best assists per game percentage in the Colonial Athletic Association (4.6), and the third-best free throw shooting percentage (.835). In 2016-17 he had the fifth-best assists per game percentage in the CAA (4.5). In his senior year in 2017-18 he scored 14.2 points and had 6.7 assists per game (best in the CAA; 11th-best in the NCAA). He also had the best free throw percentage in the CAA (.911; fifth-best in the NCAA), was second-best in steals per game (1.6), and sixth-best 2-point field goal percentage in the CAA (.605). He was the only player in the nation, out of the players on 351 Division I teams, who shot at least 50% from the field (52.9%), 40% on 3-point attempts (42.6%), and 90% in free-throw attempts (91.2%). As of November 2020, he was one of only ten NCAA players to have joined the DI men's basketball's 50-40-90 club since 1993. In 2018 he was All-CAA Third Team. He became the all-time assists leader at William & Mary.
Cohn played for Hapoel Eilat in 2018-19, and for Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Basketball Premier League in 2019–20. In September 2021, he was signed by the Panthers Schwenningen of the second-tier of German basketball, ProA.
- "ISRAEL BASKETBALL SUPER LEAGUE | 2019-20 Season | Maccabi Haifa | David Cohn". basket.co.il.
- "David Cohn Basketball Player Profile, Maccabi Haifa, News, Winner League, Career, Games Logs, Best, Awards". Eurobasket LLC.
- "David Cohn Player Profile, William & Mary, NCAA Stats, International Stats, Game Logs, Bests, Awards - RealGM". basketball.realgm.com.
- "David Cohn Bio". TribeAthletics.com.
- Narang, Bob (July 5, 2018). "York grad David Cohn pursues his dream with 76ers in NBA Summer League". Chicago Tribune.
- "David Cohn College Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com.
- Johnson, Dave (March 3, 2018). "David Cohn making history at William and Mary". Daily Press.
- Brenden Welper (November 18, 2020). "Every member of DI men's basketball's 50-40-90 club (since 1993)". NCAA.com.
- "David Cohn joins Maccabi Haifa". sportando. March 9, 2019.
- "Wiha Panthers Schwenningen » David Cohn ersetzt Lamonte Bearden" (in German). Retrieved 2022-01-02.
- College statistics @ sports-reference.com