David Hansen (playwright)
|Born||Karl David Hansen
July 26, 1968
|Occupation||Stage actor, director, playwright|
David Hansen (born 1968) is an actor, director, and a member of the Cleveland Play House Playwrights Unit. He is the founder of Dobama's Night Kitchen and co-founder of Guerrilla Theater Company and Bad Epitaph Theater Company, and is a recipient of a 2010 Creative Workforce Fellowship from the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture.
He is a graduate of Bay Village High School, and holds a degree in Theater from Ohio University. He is married to writer Toni Thayer. He is currently Education Outreach Associate for Great Lakes Theater.
Awards and Publication
His play I Hate This: A Play Without the Baby received an award for Excellence in Solo Performance at the New York International Fringe Festival in 2003. His adaptation of Agatha Christie's The Mysterious Affair at Styles was published in 2012 by Playscripts Inc., Double Heart (The Courtship of Beatrice and Benedick) in 2015 by YouthPLAYS, and several additional titles including I Hate This: A Play Without the Baby are available on Indie Theater Now.
Full-Length and One-Acts
- (2015) Rosalynde & The Falcon
- (2015) The Great Globe Itself
- (2013) Adventures in Slumberland
- (2013) Double Heart (The Courtship of Beatrice and Benedick)
- (2012) The Mysterious Affair at Styles adaptation of the novel by Agatha Christie
- (2010) On The Dark Side of Twilight
- (2009) And Then You Die (How I Ran a Marathon in 26.2 Years)
- (2003) I Hate This: A Play Without the Baby
- (1997) The Vampyres
- (2014) Seven Ages with Nina Domingue, Mike Geither, Christine Howey, Anne McEvoy, Michael Oatman & Toni K. Thayer
- (2001) The Gulf with Joshua D. Brown, Kelly Elliott, Brian Fox, Margi Herwald, Derek Koger, Leah D. Krauss, Heather N. Stout & Sean Sullivan
- (1998) Cole Cuts with David Bell, Suzanne L. Miller & Toni K. Thayer
- (1996) This Vicious Cabaret with Erin Myers, Mike Schmidt, Toni K. Thayer & Jenna Weiss
- (1993) Mind Your Own Business rotating sketch show, written by ensemble
- (1992) You Have the Right to Remain Silent! rotating sketch show, written by ensemble
- Vacha, John (2001). Showtime in Cleveland (paperback). Kent, Ohio and London: Kent State University Press. ISBN 0-87338-697-3.
- Community Partnership for Arts and Culture, Performing and Literary Arts - 2010 Fellows
- David Hansen biography at IMDB
- Great Lakes Theater website
- David Hansen on Indie Theater Now
- Radio adaptation of 'I Hate This' on WCPN