David Ian Rabey
David Ian Rabey is a Professor of Drama and Theatre Studies at Aberystwyth University. He is also the Artistic Director of Lurking Truth (Gwir sy'n Llechu) Theatre Company for which he has written several plays including:
Lovefuries - First performed 2004, The Battle of the Crows - First Performed 1998, Bite or Suck - First Performed 1997 and The Back of Beyond - First Performed 1996.
Professor Rabey has staged several of the plays of Howard Barker and has also written several publications on his work. He has also published text books on post-war English drama and analysis of the work of David Rudkin.
Whilst at Aberystwyth University he has staged a number of productions with students and lectures on Contemporary British and Irish Drama.
- Howard Barker: Politics and Desire (Palgrave Macmillan) 1989, 2009
- English Drama Since 1940 (Longman Literature in English) 2003
- David Rudkin: Sacred Disobedience - An Expository Study of His Drama, 1959-94 (Harwood/Routledge) 1997
- Theatre of Catastrophe: New Essays on Howard Barker (co-editor with Karoline Gritzner) (Oberon) 2006
- Howard Barker: Ecstasy and Death (Palgrave) 2009
- Howard Barker's Art of Theatre (co-editor with Sarah Goldingay) (Manchester UP) 2013
- The Theatre and Films of Jez Butterworth (Methuen Bloomsbury) 2015
- Theatre, Time and Temporality (Intellect Books) 2016
- The Wye Plays: The Back of Beyond and The Battle of the Crows (Intellect Books) 2004
- Lovefuries: The Contracting Sea and The Hanging Judge, with Bite or Suck (Intellect Books) 2008