David L. Englin
David L. Englin
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates|
from the 45th district
January 2006 – August 31, 2012
|Preceded by||Marian Van Landingham|
|Succeeded by||Rob Krupicka|
|Born||August 15, 1974|
|Spouse(s)||Shayna Beth Englin|
|Alma mater||United States Air Force Academy|
John F. Kennedy School of Government
|Committees||Finance; Health, Welfare and Institutions; Agriculture, Chesapeake, and Natural Resources|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1992–2004|
David Lawrence Englin (born August 15, 1974) is the Chief Operating Officer of the American Red Cross Los Angeles Region, which serves nearly 10 million people in 88 cities throughout Los Angeles County, as well as the people of Inyo and Mono Counties and the eastern third of Kern County. In that role, he leads human resources, finance, facilities, fleet, and other operational support for Red Cross humanitarian services throughout the region. In addition to supporting Red Cross disaster preparedness and response, he is directly responsible for Service to the Armed Forces and Veterans and International Services in the region and is helping implement a new vision to enhance emergency preparedness in vulnerable communities.
Englin previously served as a state legislator in the Virginia House of Delegates. A Democrat, he was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates in November 2005. From 2006 to 2012 he represented the 45th district, made up of parts of Arlington and Fairfax Counties and the city of Alexandria. Englin resigned his seat in the Virginia House effective August 31, 2012.
Prior to joining the Red Cross, Englin was Executive Vice President of BizFed, the Los Angeles County Business Federation, and a communications and advocacy consultant. Along with the BizFed CEO, Englin provided executive leadership to meet the public policy education, outreach, and advocacy needs for BizFed's 155 member organizations, mobilizing the collective voices of major chambers of commerce, trade associations, and corporate investors representing more than 275,000 employers throughout Southern California. Englin joined BizFed in 2012 as Director of Advocacy and Communications.
Englin is an Eagle Scout and a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy and Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government.
Englin was born David Lawrence English, but when he and Shayna Beth Wolin married in 1996, the two combined their last names to Englin.
- "Senior Management Team | Red Cross Los Angeles Region". American Red Cross. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- Virginia House of Delegates bio, 2009
- Pyzyk, Katie (June 21, 2012). "Del. Englin Submits Resignation". Arl Now. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- BizFed Website
- "David Englin; Virginia State Delegate; Democrat". (constituent/campaign website)
- "David Lawrence Englin". Virginia Public Access Project. Archived from the original on 2009-08-06.
- "Delegate David Englin (D-Alexandria)". Richmond Sunlight.
- Project Vote Smart - Representative David L. Englin (VA) profile
- Follow the Money - David L. Englin
- 2005 campaign contributions
- Washington Post - David L. Englin local election 2008 profile
|This article about a member of the Virginia House of Delegates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|