David Levine (photographer)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1960 (age 57–58)|
|Occupation||Music, portrait and fashion photographer|
|Known for||Work with Culture Club, ABC, The Cure, Kylie Minogue, Steve Strange and Tim Pope.|
Levine started his career in 1977 while working as a photographer's assistant. He went on to photograph artists live in concert and worked as a stills photographer on music videos with the director Tim Pope. As well as working with Culture Club, Levine also worked with a number of other 1980s acts including ABC, The Cure, Kylie Minogue, Jermaine Jackson, 5 Star, and Siouxsie Sioux. Levine quickly established a style of work in the studio, much copied by other music photographs in the 80's and indeed today his influence can still be seen. That style earned him the nickname 'The man who shot the 80's'.
Levine's 2009 portrait of Paul Nicholls is held in the National Portrait Gallery. Levine is currently lecturing on The Art of Fashion and Beauty Photography and Film at the University of Arts London, London College of fashion.
He is the younger brother of record producer Steve Levine.
- Official website
- "David Levine Exposed 1977-1987". Published Work. 22 October 2014. ISBN 9780992638900.
- Golding, Roxanne (13 November 2013). "Interview: David Levine". Schön! Magazine. Archived from the original on 2014-09-24.
- "The Blockheads Live". Published Work. 5 July 2013. ISBN 9780992638948.
- "Interview: David Levine". Mel and Kim Official Website. 13 November 2014.
- "Fashion Film and Photography: At London College of Fashion". University of Arts London.
- "Public Enemy for one night only". Published Work. 20 August 2013. ISBN 9780992638924.
- "Little Comets Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire". Published Work. 10 September 2013. ISBN 9780992638962.
- "Archive Live The False Foundation Tour 2016". Published Work. 31 October 2016. ISBN 9780992638917.
- Berry, Hannah (5 February 2010). "Interview: David Levine – Life through a lens". Fourth Wall Magazine. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- "Epson Sponsor David Levine's Latest Project". Ephotozine. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- "Archive Live: The False Foundation Tour 2017". Published Work. 31 October 2017. ISBN 9780992638955.
|This article about a British photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|