This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David Magidson as Boswick the Clown on March 24th, 2012
David Walter Magidson
March 6, 1963
Encino, California, U.S.
|Residence||San Francisco, California U.S.|
|Occupation||Clown, Actor, Filmmaker, Writer|
David Magidson (born March 6, 1963) is an American actor most notable for portraying Boswick the Clown. As "Boswick", he has performed for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus and Make A Circus. He has appeared as a clown in the movies Milk and Dr. Dolittle, as well in commercials for the Pacific Bell Yellow pages, Nissan, and BMW. Since 2010, Magidson has written a blog on Blogger "designed to help family entertainers with all aspects of their performing." As David Magidson, he performed as a member of the comedy-troupe "The Kloons" and in the San Francisco Fringe Festival. As the character Boswick the Clown, Magidson appears at over 300 events each year, including schools and libraries, specializing in large juggling, magic, and comedy clown shows for children 4 years old to 8 years old.
David Magidson lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children.
David Magidson is the author of the children's joke book "Hey Quit Clowning Around—Think Talk and Act Like a Clown"  He has also co-written and starred as Boswick the Clown in the children's DVDs "Here Comes The Clown" as well as "Here Comes Boswick the Clown with Phoebe the Duck", directed by Jay Alexander.
He has written and starred in two one-man shows. "Through the Eyes of a Clown" was featured in the 2014 San Francisco Fringe Festival. "Pushing 40," cowritten with Ty DeMartino, played at the Shelton Theater as part of the 2003 Comedy on the Square Festival.
- Ford, Dave (17 Nov 2000). "Clown Boswick Has a Ball Leading His Entertaining Life". SFGate. San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Boswick The Clown. "About Me". Boswick The Clown. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Magidson, David. "Musings From a Professional Clown!". Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- The Morning Call (22 Apr 1990). "Kloons On Ice Bringing Comedy To Pennsburg". The Morning Call. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- BWW News Desk (21 Feb 2014). "SF Fringe Festival Announces 2014 Lineup; Set for 9/5-20". Wisdom Digital Media. Broadwayworld.com San Francisco. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Magidson, David. Hey Quit Clowning Around. CreateSpace. ASIN 1503387984.CS1 maint: ASIN uses ISBN (link)
- Amazon. "Here Comes The Clown". Amazon.
- IMdB. "Here Comes The Clown".
- Amazon. "Here Comes Boswick the Clown with Phoebe the Duck".
- "Stage Listings". San Francisco Bay Guardian. 9 April 2003. Retrieved 22 May 2015.