David Morgan (psychoanalyst)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David Howell Morgan (BAHons D.Clin.Psych. FBPAS FPBPA SMBPF. Training Analyst Supervisor IPA. AMBPS. MBPC) is a psychoanalyst and consultant psychotherapist who has worked at the Portman Clinic London for 25 years.
Morgan’s writing, as with his political and social contributions, tends to focus on the intersection between psychoanalysis and the political, social. He has also written on Pat Barker, Jorge Luis Borges, and repeatedly on the works of Sigmund Freud, Melanie Klein and Donald Winnicott. His co-edited volume Lectures on Violence, Perversion and Delinquency. The Portman Papers Series deals extensively with the role of parental violence on patients at the Portman Clinic.
- Morgan, David. ‘Children as Receptacles of Parental Violence’ in Educational Therapy & Therapeutic Teaching the Journal of the Caspari Foundation. (14. 2001) P, 53. 
- Morgan, David. ‘Psychoanalysis and Regeneration’. The Modern Novel: Critical Approaches. By Barbara Bleiman, Jane Ogborn and Lucy Webster. [English and Media Centre: London, 2002] ISBN 0907016715
- Lectures on Violence, Perversion and Delinquency. The Portman Papers Series. David Morgan & Stan Ruszczynski. [Karnac: London, 2007] ISBN 1855754959
- Morgan, David. ‘Objectum Sexuality’—The Independent, May 25 (2008).
- Morgan, David. ‘Enactments Moving From Deadly Ways of Relating to the Beginnings of Mental Life’. The British Journal of Psychotherapy (24.2. 2001). Pp. 151-166
- Morgand, David. ‘Bearing and Not bearing Unbearable Realities’. In, Containment In The Community: Supportive Frameworks for thinking about Antisocial Behaviour and Mental Health. The Portman Papers Series. Editors A. Rubital, David Reiss. [Karnac: London, 2011] ISBN 1855758482
- Morgan, David. ‘Discussion of Professor Jonathan Webbers‘ Sexuality and Perversion’ as part of the ‘Meaningful and Mindedness’ Series at The Tavistock, 27 January 2012 in British Psychoanalytic Society Bulletin Annual Review. 2012.
- Morgan, David. ‘The Uncertain Patient in ‘Psychoanalysis and Homosexuality’. Moving On a personal account of the conference by Jan McGregor Hepburn BPC. December, 2012.
- Morgan, David. ‘Is it Coz I’m White?’ in ‘Thinking Space’: Promoting Thinking about Race, Culture and Diversity in Psychotherapy and Beyond. Tavistock Clinic Series. Editor, Frank Lowe. Margot Waddell (Series Editor). [Karnac: London, 2013] ISBN 1782200592.
- Morgan, David. ‘“Don’t Shoot the Messenger”: A historic look at some who took the plunge to make a difference.’ New Internationalist (471. April, 2014)
- Morgan, David. ‘“I had to do it”: What makes some people risk all to speak out?’. New Internationalist (471. April, 2014)
- Morgan, David. ‘Destroying the Knowledge of the Need for Love’. In Interpretive Voices: Responding to Patients. J. Arundale & D. Bellman. [Karnac: London, 2015].
- Morgan, David (2019) The Unconscious in Social and Political Life Phoenix Press. Edited by David Morgan. Vol 1
- Morgan,David (2020) in Press. The Political Mind. A Deeper Cut. Edited papers. Vol 2(Phoenix Press)
Morgan has contributed to public debate and hosts discussions with leading academics in the political, social, and psychoanalytic fields, on his radio show “Frontier Psychoanalyst”. Along with the recurring radio show, Morgan has made many television appearances and frequently appears as a discussant on BBC Radio. Morgan also appeared in a documentary called "Married to the Eiffel Tower" investigating the psychological condition objectum sexuality. The documentary investigates the famous case of Erika Eiffel.
- BBC Radio 4 ‘Whistleblowers: Saints or Stirrers’, with John Waite 11.6.14
- ABC TV Australia ‘Whistleblowing’ 15.2.14
- BBC Radio 4 ‘Something Understood’ with John McCarthy Vincent Van Gogh’s Self Portrait with Bandaged Ear’ 25.6.14.
- ABC TV Australia Late Night Live with Philip Adams – contributor. “Is neo-liberalism making us sick?”. Wed 10 May 2016
- Resonance 104.4: “Frontier Psychoanalyst” 
Morgan has hosted, spoken at, and arranged many conferences, seminars and lectures, both nationally and internationally. In January 2017 Morgan delivered the prestigious Bob Gosling memorial lecture in Bristol.
- "Public Interest Psychology". Public Interest Psychology. PiP.
- "How Psychoanalysis can help us make sense of Brexit". blogs.lse. London School of Economics.
- "A collection of Articles, Papers and Books by Members of British Psychoanalytic Association (April 2016)" (PDF). A collection of Articles, Papers and Books by Members of British Psychoanalytic Association (April 2016). Members of the British Psychoanalytic Association.
- Morgan, David (2007). Lectures on Violence, Perversion and Delinquency. London: Karnac. p. 7. ISBN 1855754959.
- "David Morgan". Frontier Psychologist. Frontier Psychologist.
- "An artist's representation of rape". abc.net. ABC. 20 May 2016.
- "Pick of the Week - John Waite". BBC i-player. BBC.
- "Married to the Eiffel Tower". documentary heaven.
- "Episodes". BBC i-player. BBC.
- ""Is Neo-Liberalism Making us Sick?"". abc.net. ABC.
- "The Role of the Unconscious in Political and Social life". The Political Mind. The Political Mind.
- "The Bridge Foundation". bridgefoundation.org.