|Born||1968 (age 46–47)
Málaga, Andalucia, Spain
|Occupation||Film producer, screenwriter, director|
He has a PhD in Financial Economics. He worked for a Japanese bank for several years. He also worked as a financial adviser to severalregional governments in Spain, and as a professor of financial applications for professionals.
In 2000, he founded Hibrida, a multidisciplinary communications company involved in contemporary culture and social issues. He has been Hibrida's director since its inception.
He writes, directs and produces documentary and fiction films, with more than 80 awards in international film festivals. Winner of the Goya Awards 2010 to best short documentary given by the Spanish Film Academy for Flowers of Rwanda. His film The Infinite Jest was a Jury Award 2011 for best short documentary in the 7th Aljazeera International Documentary Film Festival (Qatar). His previous film, Another Night on Earth won, among others, the Film Critics FIPRESCI award at DOK Leipzig, the best feature documentary award at the 15th Guanajuato International Film Festival, or[clarification needed] the Japan Foundation Presidential’s Prize at NHK Japan Prize. About Ndugu was a world premiere at the Berlinale 63rd Berlin International Film Festival. He also helped write The Devil's Backbone.
|2014||Hide & Seek |
|2013||About Ndugu |
|2012||Otra Noche en la Tierra |
|2011||The Infinite Jest |
|2010||Tres Tristes Tigres |
|2008||Flowers of Rwanda |
|2007||Human Development |
- Scott, A. O. (November 21, 2001). The New York Times. The Devil's Backbone (review overview).
- Official webpage of the documentary film Hide & Seek
- Official webpage of the documentary film About Ndugu
- Official webpage of the documentary film Otra Noche en la Tierra
- Official webpage of the documentary film The Infinite Jest
- Official webpage of the documentary film Tres Tristes Tigres
- Official webpage of the documentary film 854
- Official webpage of the documentary film Flowers of Rwanda, about the Rwandan Genocide
- Official webpage of the documentary film Human Development, based on the Human Development Index report by the United Nations