|Member of the North Dakota State Senate|
June 29, 1933|
Valley City, North Dakota
|Residence||Jamestown, North Dakota|
David Earl Nething (born June 29, 1933) is a retired politician in the American state of North Dakota.
Nething was born in Valley City, North Dakota. He attended Jamestown College, where he received his A.B. and the University of North Dakota, receiving his law degree (juris doctor). After university, he served in the United States Army from 1951 to 1952.
Nething was elected to the North Dakota State Senate for District 29 as a Republican and served until 2012. He served stints as majority leader (1975–1985) president pro tempore (1997–98). Towards the end of his Senate career, he served as chairman of the Senate's Judiciary Committee. He did not run for re-election in 2012, opting to retire.
- "Nomination of Five Members of the Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations". Reagan.utexas.edu. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Digital Horizons : Item Viewer". Digitalhorizonsonline.org. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Dave Nething". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Longtime ND Senator Dave Nething Announces Retirement". NewsDakota. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Senator Dave Nething | North Dakota Legislative Branch". Legis.nd.gov. Retrieved 2014-01-07.