David Vaughan (glaciologist)
David Glyn Vaughan OBE is a climate scientist at the British Antarctic Survey. His research focus is the role of ice sheets in the Earth system and the societal threat of climate change and rising sea levels. He is a co-ordinating Lead Author of the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report. His research work includes the mapping of the bed under Pine Island Glacier and the discovery of a subglacial volcano.
- "New Year's Honours list 2017" (PDF). Gov.uk. Government Digital Service. 30 December 2016. p. 42. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- "British Antarctic Survey Staff Profile". Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Vaughan, D. G.; Corr, H. F. J.; Ferraccioli, F.; Frearson, N.; O'Hare, A.; Mach, D.; Holt, J. W.; Blankenship, D. D.; Morse, D. L.; Young, D.A. (2006). "New boundary conditions for the West Antarctic ice sheet: Subglacial topography beneath Pine Island Glacier". Geophysical Research Letters. 33 (9): L09501. Bibcode:2006GeoRL..3309501V. doi:10.1029/2005GL025588.
- Black, Richard (20 January 2008). "Ancient Antarctic eruption noted". BBC News. London: BBC. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Corr, H. F. J.; Vaughan, D. G. (2008). "A recent volcanic eruption beneath the West Antarctic ice sheet". Nature Geoscience. 1 (2): 122–125. Bibcode:2008NatGe...1..122C. doi:10.1038/ngeo106.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2016.
|This biographical article about a climatologist or meteorologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|