David Wellington (author)
1971 (age 48–49)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
|Notable works||Monster Island|
Wellington was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He attended Syracuse University and received an MFA in creative writing from Penn State. He also holds a master's degree in Library Science from the Pratt Institute. He now lives in New York City.
The Monster novels involve a global zombie apocalypse and describe how humanity has been reduced to tiny pockets of existence.
Wellington's vampire novels follow a Pennsylvania state trooper battling a centuries-old vampire.
- 13 Bullets (2006 online serialization; 2007 print)
- 99 Coffins (2007)
- Vampire Zero (2008)
- 23 Hours (2009)
- 32 Fangs (published April 2012)
Wellington's werewolf novels are set in remote Arctic Canada. The series follows werewolves who are being hunted to extinction by humans.
- Frostbite was published on October 6, 2009. The web serialization can be found at Wellington's website.
- Overwinter was released on September 14, 2010.
Plague Zone is a zombie novel set in the state of Washington. It is completed in serial online, but not yet[when?] published in print. (Online serialization. Went to Kindle September 2012)
Jim Chapel missions
- Chimera (2013)
- "Minotaur" (2013 e-book)
- "Myrmidon" (2013 e-book)
- The Hydra Protocol (2014)
- The Cyclops Initiative (2016)
Space opera trilogy (as D. Nolan Clark)
The first novel, Forsaken Skies, was reviewed by Kirkus Reviews as containing "the usual complications, heroics, and surprises (...), all professionally packaged and produced and entirely unmemorable".
- "Chuy and the Fish" in The Undead: Zombie Anthology (Oct. 2005, Permuted Press)
- "Cyclopean" in The Undead: Skin and Bones (Aug. 2007, Permuted Press)
- "Twilight in the Green Zone" in Exotic Gothic (2007, Ash-Tree Press, ed. Danel Olson). Click for Podcast by author.
- "Grvnice" in Exotic Gothic 2 (2008, Ash-Tree Press, ed. Danel Olson).
- "Off Radio" in Buried Tales of Pinebox, TX (June 2009, 12 to Midnight)
- "Atacama" in Exotic Gothic 4 (May 2012, PS Publishing, ed. Danel Olson)
- "The Man With The Fractal Tattoo", Whose Future is It?, chapter 3 (2018)
- "The Passenger", Whose Future is It?, chapter 11 (2018)
- David Wellington (2007) Monster Island, Snow Book, About Author section
- "David Wellington Biography". Archived from the original on 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- Brownfield, Troy (June 22, 2009). "The Zombies - This Time, With Literate Roots". Newsarama. Archived from the original on June 24, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- "Characters Welcome: A Profile of David Wellington". Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Eugune. "Brains Behind… An Interview with David Wellington". Archived from the original on 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Wellington, David (2010). Overwinter: A Werewolf Tale. ISBN 0307460797.
- "Zone". Archived from the original on 2012-02-21. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "FORSAKEN SKIES by D. Nolan Clark". Kirkus Reviews. Archived from the original on 20 September 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Wellington, David, "Twilight in the Green Zone" (2007). Danel Olson (ed.). Exotic Gothic (Print). Ashcroft, British Columbia: Ash-Tree Press. pp. 46–60. ISBN 978-1-55310-099-7.
- Wellington, David, "Grvnice" (2008). Danel Olson (ed.). Exotic Gothic 2. Ashton, British Columbia: Ash-Tree Press. pp. 186–191. ISBN 978-1-55310-109-3.
- "David Wellington" in Cellarius Stories, Volume 1. Cellarius, Ed., New York: 2018, ISBN 978-1-949688-02-3.