Jump to navigation Jump to search
David Wikander (21 July 1884 – 15 November 1955), was a Swedish musicologist, organist and composer.
Wikander died in Stockholm at the age of 71.
Works, editions, recordings
- Dofta, dofta, vit syrén (text: Emil Kléen) Scent, scent, white lilac
- Kung Liljekonvalje (text: Gustav Fröding) King Lily of the valley
- Förvårskväll (text: Ragnar Jändel)* Spring evening
- Musical opinion - Volume 99 ;Volume 99 1975 -- Page 42 "To the average organist, David Wikander is perhaps Sweden's most accessible composer. Wikander (1884-1955) was organist at Stockholm's Storkirche, and represents Swedish organ music at its best. His works include a Sonata (1944), "
- Duane R. Karna Use of the International Phonetic Alphabet in the Choral Rehearsal 2012 Page 250 "Kristallen den Fina. .. The one given here is by David Wikander (1884–1955) in the style of the late national-romantic period, in places almost presaging the impending close harmony tradition. The verbal style is poetic and old-fashioned, with a touch of the folksy .."
|This article about a Swedish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|