|Directed by||Tunde Kelani|
|Produced by||Tunde Kelani|
|Screenplay by||Ade Solanke|
|Based on||Dazzling Mirage|
by Olayinka Abimbola Egbokhare
|Music by||Michael Ogunlade|
|Edited by||Mumin Kelani|
Mainframe Film and Television Productions
|Distributed by||FilmOne Distributions|
Dazzling Mirage is a 2014 Nigerian drama film, produced and directed by Tunde Kelani; it stars Kemi "Lala" Akindoju, Kunle Afolayan, Bimbo Manuel, Yomi Fash Lanso, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett and Seun Akindele. It also features special appearances from Adewale Ayuba, Sean Tizzle, Tunde Babalola and Steve Sodiya. The film is an adaptation of a novel of the same name by Olayinka Abimbola Egbokhare, adapted to screen by Ade Solanke. It tells the story of a young sickle-cell patient and the various social and emotional challenges she is faced with.
- Kemi 'Lala' Akindoju as Funmiwo
- Seun Akindele as Sanya
- Kunle Afolayan as Dotun
- Taiwo Ajai-Lycett as Sanya's Mum
- Bimbo Manuel as Funmiwo's Dad
- Yomi Fash Lanso as Lanre
- Carol King as Funmiwo's Mum
- Khabirat Kafidipe as Tade
- Bukola Awoyemi as
- Ayo Badmus as
- Adewale Ayuba as Adewale Ayuba (special appearance)
- Sean Tizzle as Sean Tizzle (special appearance)
- Collins Enebeli as
- Tunde Babalola as
- Hakeem Adenekan as
- Steve Sodiya as
It was announced in March 2012, just after the theatrical release of Maami, that Kelani would be adapting Olayinka Abimbola's Dazzling Mirage to the big screen. As of January 2013, the adaptation was confirmed to have commenced. Kelani believes the film to be his way of contributing towards public awareness of genotype-related issues like Sickle-Cell Anaemia, hoping young couples would pay attention to its importance. He states: "all of us are connected directly or indirectly to the sufferers of this ailment" "I have also had personal relationships with sufferers of this ailment and I consider it my responsibility to bring their story to fore." Kemi Akindoju had her screen test on 12 June 2013 and principal photography commenced on 18 September 2013.
A promotional poster of Dazzling Mirage was unveiled on 24 June 2013; Onset pictures were also constantly released to the public during the course of filming. The first trailer for the film was released to the public on 1 December 2013 and a second trailer was released on 14 February 2014. The first official poster, together with a third trailer was released on 18 June 2014, ahead of the 2014 World Sickle-cell Awareness Day. The film screened at the Nollywood Film Festival in New Zealand; it premiered on 7 November 2014 at the Muson Centre, Lagos, and was generally released theatrically on 20 February 2015.
- Odejimi, Segun (18 January 2016). "IN FULL: TNS Exclusive Report On Nigerian Cinema In 2015". TNS. Archived from the original on 21 February 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- George, Mayowa (21 February 2014). "Photos From The Set Of Tunde Kelani's New Movie, 'Dazzling Mirage'". 360 Nobs. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Nwanne Chuks (28 June 2014). "Lala Dazzles In Kelani's Dazzling Mirage". The Guardian (Nigeria). Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Tunde Kelani Marks World Sickle Cell Day with new movie, Dazzling 'Mirage'". Ebonylife TV. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Tunde Kelani Releases Official Poster and Trailer for 'Dazzling Mirage'". Nollywood by Mindspace. 19 June 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Arogundade, Funsho (20 June 2014). "Tunde Kelani Releases 'Dazzling Mirage' Trailer". PM News Nigeria. PM News. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Dazzling Mirage by Olayinka Abimbola set to be adapted to the big screens by Tunde Kelani". 9jabooksandmovies. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Tunde Kelani's film adaptation Of 'Dazzling Mirage' commences!". 9jabooksandmovies. 22 January 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Jasanya Olamide (20 June 2014). "VIDEO: Watch Kunle Afolayan, Yomi Fash Lanso star in Dazzling Mirage [Trailer]". Nigerian Entertainment Today. The NET. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Alash, Bob (3 December 2013). "Movie: The Trailer Is Here! Tunde Kelani Presents New Movie, 'Dazzling Mirage'". Jaguda.com. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Obenson, Tambay A. (2 December 2013). "Watch First Trailer For Tunde Kelani's Feature Film Adaptation Of 'Dazzling Mirage'". IndieWire. Shadow and Act. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Tunde Kelani presents new movie, 'Dazzling Mirage'". Silverbird Group. Silverbird Cinemas. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Dazzling Mirage Screen test with Lala Akindoju". Mainframe. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Dazzling Mirage latest! Day1 of shoot". Mainframe. 18 September 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "TUNDE KELANI UNVEILS DAZZLING MIRAGE'S POSTER …kunle afolayan, yomi fash lanso lead new movie". Novo Magazine. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Watch the Trailer of Tunde Kelani's New Movie: Dazzling Mirage". OluFamous.Com. 23 February 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Tunde Kelani's 'Dazzling Mirage' Gets New Trailer Ahead Of Premiere". Channels TV. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "June 19, World Sickle Cell Day". Mainframe. Dazzling Mirage Movement. Archived from the original on 12 September 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Opeoluwani, Akintayo (25 June 2014). "Tunde Kelani Releases Official Trailer Of Dazzling Mirage". Daily Times Nigeria. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Nigeria: Dazzling Mirage Premieres At Nollywood Film Festival in Australia, New Zealand". allAfrica.com. 18 October 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Akande, Victor. "Tunde Kelani's Dazzling Mirage premieres today". The Nation Newspaper. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Meet Kunle Afolayan, Kemi Akindoju & More Stars of the 'Dazzling Mirage' Movie as it Premieres". Bella Naija. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Izuzu, Chidumga (6 February 2015). "Movie gets cinema release date". Pulse NG. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "List Of The 2015 Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards (AMVCAs) Nominees". DStv. StarGist. 13 December 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2015.