DeLand-Weldon High School
|DeLand-Weldon High School|
|304 E. Illinois Route 10
De Land, Illinois 61839
|School type||Public Secondary|
|School district||DeLand-Weldon CUSD 57|
|Superintendent||Mr. Jeff Asmus|
|Principal||Mrs. Amanda Geary|
|Athletics conference||East Central Illinois Conference|
|Mascot||Eddie the Eagle|
DeLand-Weldon High School is a coed public secondary institution located in Piatt County, Illinois. It is a part of DeLand-Weldon Community Unit School District #57. The school draws from an area of DeLand and Weldon and is the one of the smallest public high schools in the state of Illinois with a total enrollment of 59 students as of June, 2016.
On December 7, 1957 the citizens of Unit #57 voted to build and equip a new high school on the county line midway between the two communities. The new building was erected at a cost of approximately $550,000 and provides for a four-year school, with provisions in the future to add four rooms to accommodate the seventh and eighth grades of both communities. Therefore, during the ten-year interim, the schools of DeLand-Weldon Unit #57 moved toward the original long range goal set in 1948.
The DeLand-Weldon athletic teams participate in the East Central Illinois Conference, a high school athletic conference whose member schools have similar enrollments and are all located in the Central Illinois region. The school's teams also compete in state championship tournaments sponsored by the Illinois High School Association (IHSA). The statewide class designation is A.
- Music Solo & Ensemble
- Music: Instrumental — Concert Band, Pep Band, Marching Band
- Music: Vocal
- Drama Club
- Yearbook Club
- Debate Club
- LifeSavers Club
- Student Council
- 110th District Student Advisory Panel
- National Honor Society
- Scholastic Bowl
- Bass Fishing
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys and Girls Track
- Girls Volleyball
- Co-Op with Cerro Gordo — Football, Baseball, Softball
- Co-Op with Blue Ridge — Soccer
- Brielle Jones holds the Illinois High School Association girls basketball all-time individual record for most blocked shots in a season (240), and most blocked shots in a game (21)
- Larry Huisinga was inducted into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame on April 28, 2012.
- "School History". Archived from the original on 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "School Faculty". Archived from the original on 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "School District". DeLand-Weldon CUSD #57. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "IHSA Schools". IHSA. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "School Info". IHSA. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "IHSA Girls Basketball All-Time Individual Records". IHSA. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- "Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame" (PDF). IBCA. Retrieved 2012-02-23.[permanent dead link]
- DeLand-Weldon High School — official website