Dead Men Tell No Tales
Dead Men Tell No Tales is a 1938 British thriller film directed by David MacDonald and starring Emlyn Williams, Sara Seegar and Hugh Williams. It is based on the 1935 novel The Norwich Victims by Francis Beeding.
An English schoolteacher wins a French lottery, but on her way to Paris she is murdered and an imposter attempts to claim her prize.
- Emlyn Williams - Dr. Headlam
- Sara Seegar - Marjorie
- Hugh Williams - Detective Inspector Martin
- Marius Goring - Greening
- Lesley Brook - Elizabeth Orme
- Christine Silver - Miss Haslett
- Clive Morton - Frank Fielding
- Ann Wilton - Bridget
- Jack Vyvian - Crump
- Marjorie Dale - The Singer
- Hal Gordon - Sergeant
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (1938)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Shafer, Stephen C. British popular films, 1929-1939: the cinema of reassurance. Routledge, 1997.
|This article related to a British film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|