Dear John (1964 film)
|Directed by||Lars-Magnus Lindgren|
|Written by||Lars-Magnus Lindgren
Olle Länsberg (novel)
|Box office||$4,000,000 (US/ Canada)|
Dear John (Swedish: Käre John) is a 1964 Swedish film directed by Lars-Magnus Lindgren and starring Jarl Kulle and Christina Schollin. The motion picture is known especially for nude scenes unusual in the day, and for a natural performance of them that caused the film considerable notoriety in America. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
- Jarl Kulle - John Berndtsson
- Christina Schollin - Anna
- Helena Nilsson - Helena
- Erik Hell - Yngve Lindgren
- Emy Storm - Karin Lindgren
- Morgan Anderson - Raymond
- Synnøve Liljebæck - Dagny
- Hans Wigren - Elon
- Håkan Serner - Erwin
- Bo Wahlström - Bosse
- Erland Nordenfalk - Kurt
- List of submissions to the 38th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Swedish submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "All-Time B.O. Champs", Variety, 3 January 1968 p 25. Please note these figures refer to rentals accruing to the distributors.
- "The 38th Academy Awards (1966) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
|This article related to Swedish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|