Deeper Smart Sonar is a wireless, castable echo-sounder compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Wi-Fi connection enabled to maximize both the distance between the Deeper Smart Sonar and the device holder up to 330 ft / 100 m and the depth range up to 260 ft / 80 m. Advanced high-frequency technology enables the Deeper Smart Sonar to quickly transfer more accurate data. The higher scanning frequency allows the device to capture faster moving objects and the scanning resolution measures smallest of objects – all to deliver the highest quality echo-sounder data available in a single, compact wireless unit.
Deeper sonar can be cast to any spot in the water. While floating on the water surface it connects to a smart device and transmits information which is used for finding fish location, getting depth information, exploring bottom structure, contour and vegetation, knowing temperature.
Operation of Deeper is based on echolocation and wireless Wi-Fi technologies. Echolocation is a method for detecting and locating objects submerged in water. When a sound signal is produced, the time it takes for the signal to reach an object and for its echo to return is issued to calculate the distance between the sonar and the object. Wi-Fi - a wireless technology for exchanging data, makes Deeper a wireless device. No cellular data is required. It allows transference of the sonar readings to a smartphone or tablet from up to 330 ft / 100 meters.
Deeper sonar measures 2.6 inches in diameter and weighs 3.5 ounces. It features several different attachment points, so it can be cast from varying heights and positions. The unit has a dual-frequency transducer (90 / 290 kHz). It reads depths to 260 ft / 80 meters and operates within 330 ft / 100 meters of its paired device.
|Size||2.5 in / 65 mm diameter|
|Weight||3.5oz /100 g|
|Compatibility:||From iOS 8.0 and Android 4.0 to the latest iOS and Android devices|
|Connection||Wireless Wi-Fi connection|
|Wi-Fi Range||Up to 330 ft / 100 meters. Depends on the OS and smartphone model|
|Depth Range Max||260 ft (80 m)|
|Depth Range Min||2 ft (0.5 m)|
|Temperature||Water temperature Sensor|
|Temperature unit||Celsius / Fahrenheit|
|Operational Temperature||-4F to 104F/ -20C to 40C|
|Power Adapter:||-20 °C to 40 °C/-4°Fto 104 °F|
|Sonar type:||Dual beam|
|Frequency & (Cone)||290 kHz (15°) / 90 kHz (55°)|
|Internal battery||Lithium Polymer, 3.7V Rechargeable, 850mAh|
|Power supply||Micro USB B type, 5V DC, 450mA max|
● Real Time Mapping & Free Offline Maps
● Unlimited Data History
● Ice Fishing Mode
● Depth, Temperature, Bottom Structure, Fish Location
● Solunar Forecast Calendar, Fishing Notes, Camera, Social Media Sharing enabled
● Classic and Day / Night Screen Color Mode
● Sleep feature to pause battery use when in water (low power consumption mode)
- Deeper Fishfinder Reviewed. Outdoorchannel. Retrieved 15 May 2015
- "Deeper Smart sonar Fishfinder". Endgadget. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Sonar. Dictionary.Reference. Retrieved on 15 May 2015
- New device/app could turn your smartphone into a fishfinder. Gizmag. Retrieved on 15 May 2015
- "Top Gadgets & Accessories for smartphones". Instantshift. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Portable and Castable Fish Finders. Sportfishingmag. Retrieved 15 May 2015
- Technical Specification Deeper Smart Fishfinder Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine. Donar Messe. Retrieved on 15 May 2015
- "29 Insanely Clever Products". Buzzfeed. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Deeper smart fishfinder app". Itunes. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Fishing with your Smartphone". The gadgeteer. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Deeper fishfinder review". Scout. Retrieved 8 November 2015.