Englewood, New Jersey
|Occupation||University professor, author, public speaker, entrepreneur|
Breakenridge is teaching on the graduate and undergraduate level at New York University (NYU), University of Massachusetts Amherst, Rutgers University and Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU).
Breakenridge speaks nationally and internationally on the topics of PR, marketing, branding and social media.
Breakenridge is the co-founder of #PRStudChat, a dynamic Twitter chat with PR professionals, educators and students.
Breakenridge hosts the podcast show, Women Worldwide, produced by the Social Network Station. She was awarded the Best 50 Women in Business by NJBIZ in 2015, named on the Richtopia 250 Most Influential Women Leaders in the World List, recognized by Cision as one of the Top 50 Social Media influencers in 2014, and 2014 PR Tech Award honoree.
Deirdre has appeared on NBC, WMCN as well as other media outlets. In addition, she has been featured in FOXNews.com, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Inc., CIO, Huffington Post, Wall Street Journal and Mashable.
- Answers for Modern Communicators (2017) published by Routledge, ISBN 978-0415303927.
- Social Media and Public Relations: Eight New Practices for the PR Professional (2012) published by Financial Times Press, ISBN 978-0132983211.
- Powerful PR Strategies for Success published by Financial Times Press (2012) published by Financial Times Press.
- Putting the Public Back in Public Relations (2009) published by Financial Times Press, ISBN 978-0137150694.
- Social Networking for Promoting YOU as a Brand (2009) published by Financial Times Press.
- PR 2.0, New Media, New Tools, New Audiences (2008) published by Financial Times Press, ISBN 978-0321510075.
- The New PR Toolkit: Strategies for Successful Media Relations (2003) published by Financial Times Press, ISBN 978-0130090256.
- Cyberbranding: Brand Building in the Digital Economy (2007) published by Financial Times Press.
- "Deirdre Breakenridge Skrobola, Adjunct Instructor". New York University. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Deirdre Breakenridge". UMass Amherst. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Instructors – Professional Development Studies". Rutgers University. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Tweet and meet: Building an online community with PRStudChat". Proportional Representation Society of Australia. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "The Women Worldwide Show". The Social Network Station. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Best 50 Women in Business". NJBIZ. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Women Leaders Top 250". RICHTOPIA. 2 November 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Top 50 Social Media Influencers on Twitter". Cision. 3 October 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "PRTech Awards to Honor Leading Marketers, Innovators, PR Professionals". Adweek.com. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American educator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|