|Look up Delegation, delegation, or délégation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Delegation is the entrustment by a party of work or responsibility and authority to another and the creation of accountability for performance. A delegation can also be a group of individuals, often called delegates, who represent the interests of a larger organization or body, often from a geographical area.
The word also refers to:
- Delegation (TV), an Irish television quiz show.
- Delegation (law), a term in contract law that describes the effects of giving another person the responsibility of carrying out the performance agreed to in a contract
- Delegation (band), a British funk musical group
- Delegation Theory
- a second-level administrative subdivision of a county as in Delegations of Tunisia
- Delegation (computing), in computing and computer programming, the passing of something from one entity to another
- Delegate (disambiguation)
- For the "Delegation Parties" of Egyptian politics, see Wafd Party and New Wafd Party
- For the Spanish term delegación, see Boroughs of the Mexican Federal District
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Delegation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.