(Redirected from Delete (disambiguation))
|Look up deletion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Deletion is the act of deleting or removal by striking out material, such as a word or passage, that has been removed from a body of written or printed matter.
Deletion may refer to:
- File deletion, a way of removing a file from a computer's file system
- Code cleanup, a way of removing unnecessary variables, data structures, cookies, and temporary files in a programming language
- Delete key, a key on modern computer keyboards that erases text
- Delete (SQL), an SQL statement that removes data entries
- DEL, the delete control code in the C0 and C1 control codes
deleteoperator, a built-in operator in the C++ programming language
- Deletion (genetics), deletion of a gene or chromosome segment, symbolized in the literature by a Δ symbol
- Deletion (music industry), a term for removing a record from a label's catalog
- Elision, the deletion of a sound or sounds
- Ellipsis (linguistics), grammatical deletion of a word
- Delete (2011 TV miniseries), about a young hacker who uncovers a kind of artificial intelligence
- "Delete!", the battle cry of the Cybermen, antagonists from the British sci-fi television series Doctor Who
- "Delete" (削除 Sakujo), a catchphrase associated with fictional character Teru Mikami from the Japanese manga series Death Note
- "Delete", a catchphrase associated with American professional wrestler Matt Hardy, specifically his "Broken Matt Hardy" persona
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deletion.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.