Department of Business and Consumer Affairs
|Formed||22 December 1975|
|Dissolved||7 May 1982|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
At its creation, the Department was responsible for the following:
- Business practices
- Duties of customs and excise
- Bounties on the production or export of goods
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Patents of inventions and designs, and trade marks
- Consumer Affairs.
- CA 1951: Department of Business and Consumer Affairs, Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 11 December 2013
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|